Finance has implemented new requirements for all journal upload requests submitted to Accounting Services.
While most expense transfers are completed through Financial Transactions Services (FTS), there are circumstances when a journal upload request is the correct option for processing a transfer, such as:
- Revenue corrections
- A large number of adjustments, where a journal upload would be more efficient than utilizing FTS
- Cost Recovery transactions
Please continue to send journal requests to your current Accounting Services contact person. Feel free to contact Kim Napoli at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to verify the correct contact person for your needs. When submitting a journal upload request to Accounting Services, requesting departments should now include the following support documentation listed below:
- An in-depth description of the request, providing justification for the transaction;
- Documentation identifying where the expense/revenue is currently recorded (typically obtained by drilling down into actuals in a Data Warehouse organization report) and;
- Documentation identifying balance of the expense/revenue account after a journal upload (what is the intended end result)
Accounting Services will complete an in-depth review of all journal upload requests, verifying the transfer is appropriate and allowable.
The Journal Upload Template is available on the Finance website. As a reminder it is crucial that campus departments submit journal upload requests following the format as outlined in the template. Not adhering to the specified format requires additional review and causes a delay in processing time.
We are in the process of creating detailed campus expense/revenue transfer guidelines and will share via FinanceConnect once available.