April 1st, 2015 by
In an effort to streamline and improve the Direct Payment process, the following changes have been implemented:
- The Direct Payment Checklist has been renamed Direct Payment Products and Services. Please refer to Direct Payment Products and Services for products/services allowed for purchase through this process.
- The list of products/services allowed through the Direct Payment process has been revised to be clearer and more specific. For example:
- Services are now specifically identified as guest speaker, game official, medical and physical services, proctor, and student non-payroll.
- Graphic design, photographer, and illustrator have been removed from the list.
- Accreditation is now called Accreditation Fees.
- Refunds to Non-Student/Employee has been added.
- Subscriptions are allowed unless they are online or software.
Products or services not specified as allowed via Direct Payment, can be requested using other Procurement Pathways such as a Requisition or ProCard. Visit Procurement Pathways for complete guidelines.
March 19th, 2015 by
It’s back: The Finance What’s Up? event!!
The Spring 2015 presentation will be held on Friday, May 1, 2015 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in the Student Union Theater.
Finance What’s Up? is held twice a year and it gives us the opportunity to keep the campus updated on the latest news, projects, and goals for departments within the Finance Service Group.
All members of the campus community with procurement, accounting, or budget responsibilities are encouraged to attend. Past What’s Up? presentations can be found in Finance Presentations.
Please forward this message to any staff or faculty you feel should be notified. We look forward to seeing you there!
March 16th, 2015 by
For employees who track or manage department budgets, please note that the month of February 2015 is now closed in CFS.
This means that the General Ledger (GL) system will not accept any more entries with a February journal date. February transactions can still be entered into the GL system, but the journal date must be 3/1/2015 or later. The current period open is March 2015.