February 17th, 2014 by
To personnel with Labor Cost Distribution (LCD) responsibilities, this is the monthly reminder to confirm your salary information by running your LCD Setup Audit.
Any changes to the distribution of funding for payroll expenses that you would like made for February 2013 payroll must be received in the Budget & Risk Management Office no later than Wednesday, February 26, at 5:00 p.m.
For staff member changes, all requests can be submitted directly to the Budget & Risk Management Office:
Budget & Risk Management Office, CL 500
Extended Zip 0004
For faculty who are on release time and/or any split funding changes, employee profile requests must be approved by the Dean’s Office prior to submittal to our office. The Release Time Authorization (RTA) form for faculty on release time with the Research Foundation should be sent to Faculty Affairs – please do not send the RTA form to the Budget & Risk Management Office.
We cannot guarantee that requests for changes received after the deadline will be captured for the February payroll cycle.
Reminder: Payroll expenditures for Fiscal Year 2012/13 will reflect regular/negative pay for the months of July 2012 through June 2013; positive pay salary expenditures (e.g. student salary and overtime) will represent the months of June 2012 through May 2013. Positive pay for Fiscal Year 2013/14 will reflect expenditures for the twelve month period of June 2013 through May 2014.
If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Wagner at email@example.com.
February 10th, 2014 by
For employees who track or manage department budgets, please note that the month of January 2014 is now closed in the CFS Finance System. This means that the General Ledger (GL) system will not accept any more entries with a January Journal Date. January transactions can still be entered into the GL system, but the Journal Date must be 2/1/2014 or later. Periods currently open are February 2014 through June 2014.
February 3rd, 2014 by
Accounts Payable strongly encourages the campus to submit Purchase Order invoices through the e-Invoice portal. Save yourself some time and refrain from sending PO invoices through campus mail or emailing them to the Accounts Payable staff.
e-Invoice is a quick and convenient method to submit purchase order invoices to Accounts Payable for payment processing. Users can upload PO invoices in a dedicated portal located in the Accounts Payable section of the Finance website.
Some benefits to using e-Invoice are:
- reduce paper usage which is better for the environment
- efficient processing for payment by Accounts Payable*
- and most of all, invoices will be viewable via FTS on the requisition**
* e-Invoice payment processing often generates Action Required notifications for Approval to Pay or CFS Receipt. Accounts Payable now has a dedicated email address to handle your responses. When you are ready to send your Approval to Pay or CFS Receipt #, forward the Action Required notification email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will allow all of the Accounts Payable Technicians access to your responses in order to move your PO invoices through the payment process, helping to avoid unnecessary 2nd or 3rd notifications.
** An e-Invoice link appears on all requisitions, but only invoices submitted through e-Invoice will be available to view.
To start using e-Invoice, follow these steps when you receive a PO invoice and have determined that the goods or services have been provided to your satisfaction:
- The invoice should reference a valid and active Purchase Order Number. If not, then write the appropriate PO # on the invoice.
- a) For purchase orders that do not require receiving, please write on the invoice “Approved to Pay” or “OK to Pay” and include your name.
b) For purchase orders that require receiving, please write the CFS PO Receipt Number(s) on the invoice.
c) Additional details or other info regarding the payment can also be written on the invoice.
- Scan invoice (multiple-page invoices can be included in one file) and save it for uploading. Acceptable file types for upload are PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPG, and JPEG.
- Go to www.sjsu.edu/finance/einvoice.
- At the website, enter the full 10-digit PO #, the Invoice #, and the Invoice Date (one invoice at a time).
- Upload the invoice file and submit.