To personnel with Labor Cost Distribution (LCD) responsibilities, this is the monthly reminder to confirm your salary information by running your LCD Setup Audit.
Any changes to the distribution of funding for payroll expenses that you would like made for October 2021 payroll must be received by Finance Support no later than Thursday, October 14th at 5:00 p.m.
For temporary appointment funding changes, all requests can be emailed directly to Finance Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We cannot guarantee that requests for changes received after the deadline will be captured for the October payroll cycle.
- For faculty who are on release time, please review the Reimbursed Time Authorizations guidelines.
- Payroll expenditures for Fiscal Year 2021/22 will reflect regular/negative pay for the months of July 2021 through June 2022; positive pay salary expenditures (e.g. student salary and overtime) will represent the months of June 2021 through May 2022. Positive pay for Fiscal Year 2022/23 will reflect expenditures for the twelve month period of June 2022 through May 2023.
Please refer to Compensation Planning and Management for information regarding the LCD process and Temporary Appointment Funding Changes for instructions on completing the Employee Profile form. If you have any questions about LCD processing, please contact Finance Support at email@example.com or 4-1558.
With the effective date September 30, 2021, Ohio has been added to Assembly Bill 1887, the law restricting the funding or sponsoring of state business travel to states with discriminatory laws.
The current list of restricted states are as follows:
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
As of January 1, 2017, the CSU Travel Policy and Procedures has been revised to comply with Assembly Bill 1887, which added Section 11139.8 to the Government Code relating to discrimination and was approved by the governor in September, 2016. As a result of this law, it has been determined that SJSU is restricted from requiring employees to travel to certain states, and is prohibited from approving funding or sponsoring travel to those states with laws enacted to void or repeal discrimination protections, or, to authorize or require discrimination.
Exceptions to the prohibitions that may be granted, and of note to SJSU, include the following (see SJSU Travel Guide for the complete list):
- To meet contractual obligations incurred before January 1, 2017.
- To participate in meetings or training required by a grant or required to maintain grant funding.
- For the protection of public health, welfare, or safety, as determined by the CSU or other state agencies.
- The list of affected states is maintained on the California State Attorney General website, State of California Department of Justice. Travelers and approvers are advised to check the website when planning or approving out-of-state travel. Auxiliary funds may be used for travel to restricted states.
If you have any questions, please contact FinanceConnect at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-924-1558.
SJSU Travel Guide
CSU Travel Procedures
Assembly Bill 1887
Office of the Attorney General
For employees who track or manage department budgets, please note that the month of August 2021 is now closed in CFS.
This means that the General Ledger (GL) system will not accept any more entries with an August journal date. August transactions can still be entered into the GL system, but the journal date must be 9/1/21 or later. The current period open is September 2021.