To Administrators and Analysts:
COVID-19 related travel restrictions from the President’s & Chancellor’s Office’s level now requires all essential travel be approved by the President.
The Payment Services team collaborated with the President’s Office and the Divisions to develop the process outlined below. This process includes a new Google form to facilitate Presidential approval and complements the existing Travel Authorization approval process in FTS.
This adapted process is as follows:
- Traveler or Department Admin/Analyst submits the Travel Authorization in FTS.
- The authorization will go through the normal approval process in FTS.
- Traveler notifies the Department Admin/Analyst of approved Travel Authorization (if applicable).
- The Department Admin/Analyst enters the traveler’s trip information in their Division’s Travel Form – Adapted Process for Presidential Approval:
Academic Affairs Travel Form
Admin & Finance Travel Form
Research and Innovation Travel Form
Office of Diversity Travel Form
University Advancement Travel Form
Student Affairs Travel Form
President’s Office Travel Form
IT Travel Form
- The submitted form will notify the Division Head of the Travel Authorization who then notifies the President’s Office for an approval.
- The President’s Office approves or denies the travel to the Division Head.
- The Division Head will inform the department of the decision.
If you have any questions, please contact the Jasmine Velazquez in Payment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-924-1674.