A number of users have reported receiving an “Access Prohibited” message when using Data Warehouse. The problem did occur in the last version of Data Warehouse, but this issue seems to be more persistent in 12C and the Chancellor’s Office is looking into it.
To prevent the problem, users should always click on the SIGN OUT located at top upper right hand corner when they are finished with the Data Warehouse. If they only close the tab and try to come right back in, they will get the error message. Other recommended solutions:
Fix Option 1– Once a user get the error message, they will need to completely close the browser and start over to log back into Data Warehouse.
Fix Option 2– Open Data Warehouse in a different browser. For example, switch from Chrome to Firefox or IE.
If you have any questions, please contact Finance Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4-1558.
Thank you to all the Cardholders who submitted their completed ProCard/GoCard Statement Reconciliations using the new paperless submission process. We hope you had a positive experience in submitting the reconciliation.
To improve Cardholders’ experience for future submissions, below are some helpful tips:
- Unless the file size is greater than 10MB, please consolidate your itemized receipts and backup documentation into one file. Do not create a file for each type of documentation.
- Save ProCard/GoCard Statement in a file separate from the one with itemized receipts/backup documents.
- The ProCard/GoCard invoice number, invoice date, and cardholder’s name and EmpID can be found at the top section in the card statement. (Refer to Figure 1)
- When filling out the ProCard/GoCard submission form in the FTS portal, the name and contact information of the cardholder will populate in fields when their EmpID is entered. If they do not, then check the Employee ID to ensure it was entered correctly.
- Cardholders and Approving Officials must provide electronic signature on the statement using DocuSign. Scanned documents with wet signatures will be returned to Cardholders for proper submission.
For assistance with the new submission process, we have updated the ProCard/GoCard Reconciliation process guide, scheduled additional Finance Open Lab sessions, and prepared a video tutorial on using DocuSign for signatures.
If you have any questions, please contact Finance Support at email@example.com or 4-1558. Thank you.
Figure 1: Statement header displays the invoice number, invoice date and cardholder’s information. Click on image to enlarge.
The CSU Chancellor’s Office is upgrading CFS Data Warehouse from Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) version 11G to version 12C. At present, both versions are available for users to login and run their reports (Figure 1). However, we recommend users start using 12C since 11G will be decommissioned on Friday, March 15th.
The functionality of the Data Warehouse remains largely the same. Most 12C changes affect back-end processes. The primary OBIEE 12C front-end change is an enhanced graphical interface.
- Redesigned of the Home Page
The Home (Landing) Page has been redesigned to take advantage of OBIEE 12C updated graphical interface. Each CFS Data Warehouse dashboard is accessible via a tile on the Home Page. In addition, a Message Board is not displayed on page to update users of when data was last refreshed and of any outages. (Figure 2 and 3)
- Report Index/Report Tab
Reports that are opened from a Dashboard Page/Tab with multiple links will display each linked report in its own tab. (Figure 4 and 5)
What hasn’t changed?
- Current CFS Data Warehouse users will have access to 12C so there is no need to submit a Finance Systems Access Request form.
- Pages (Reports) you are familiar with in 11G will can still be found in 12C.
The best news of all…
- No need to recreate any saved reports in the new environment. Users saved customizations in 11G will transfer to 12C; though beginning today, we recommend users save new customizations in the 12C environment. Do note, the Page Options icon where users will find their saved customizations has changed. Refer to Figure 6 and 7.
To assist users, we have scheduled additional Finance Open Lab sessions and are in the process of updating our CFS Data Warehouse instruction guides.
Do contact Finance Support with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4-1558. Please forward this announcement to staff and faculty in your area, as needed.
Click on the image to enlarge.
Figure 1: Both CFS Data Warehouse 11G and 12C are available to users. We recommend users to start using 12C because 11G will be decommissioned on March 15th.
Figure 2: Home (Landing) Page displays the Dashboards. Each dashboard is accessible via a tile on the Home Page.
Figure 3: The BI/DW Message Board Dashboard that previously displayed the last refresh date and time has been incorporated into the Home Page.
Figure 4: Reports that are opened from a Dashboard Page/Tab with multiple links, will display each linked report in its own tab. In this example, Open PO Reports Index contains multiple Open PO reports. Open PO Views is selected.
Figure 5: When you close the secondary report, the additional tab will also close. In this example, a tab for Open PO Views report displays and when closed, the tab will disappear.
Figure 6: New icon for Page Options.
Figure 7: From the Page Options menu, users can save new, edit existing, and apply saved customizations for the page (report).