* 10/12/23: Updated announcement to include a list of office supplies. *
Please note that effective October 31, 2023, the option to purchase office supplies from Amazon will unfortunately be shut down for the entire CSU.
The Staples contract includes an entire participation clause, which mandates all 23 campuses plus the Chancellor’s Office to purchase office supplies from Staples. Those purchases can be made via Staples punchout catalog in the CSUBUY Marketplace or directly from any Staples store. If Staples does not offer the products you require, you are allowed to make your purchases through Amazon Business.
In addition, the following are the benefits of using Staples for your office supply needs:
- Helps achieve our CSU sustainability and recycling goals/requirements. Auto substitution in place to help with this system-wide effort.
- Staples minimum order of $50 for free next-day delivery was put in place by CSU to help drive better purchasing habits to help reduce the amount of waste and deliveries on campus.
- Itemized negotiated pricing.
- White glove customer service 24/7.
- Desktop delivery service.
The ability to purchase non-office supply items through Amazon Business will continue. Please share this message with any staff or faculty you feel may benefit from this information. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Procurement to Payment Services or FinanceConnect for assistance.
Office supplies include but are not limited to:
- Computer accessories (e.g. mouse, keyboard, speakers, and headphones)
- Desk/drawer organizers
- Document shredders
- Envelopes (blank)
- File folders
- Highlighters and markers
- Hole punchers
- Labels (e.g. shipping and file folders)
- Measuring devices (e.g. rulers and measuring tape)
- Paper (e.g. copy paper and cardstock)
- Paper clips and binder clips
- Paper cutters and scissors
- Printer toner cartridges
- Rubber bands
- Staplers and staples
- Sticky notes