** 4/20/21 Update: SJSU will continue to process Tower Foundation Transactions via FTS until further notice. **
Beginning October 1, 2020, departments are now able to submit invoices and PO requests against Tower Foundation accounts through FTS. This new ability is temporary
, through March 31, 2021 until further notice. All approvals and supporting documentation and approvals must adhere to Tower Foundation guidelines. However, the transaction process will now follow SJSU’s normal procedures.
To meet FTS identification and documentation requirements, please see the instructions below.
- If requesting payment of an invoice, submit a Direct Payment request
- If requesting a purchase order, submit a Requisition
- If requesting a reimbursement for an SJSU employee, submit a Reimbursement request.
- If requesting payment of an invoice related to an EXISTING Tower PO submit via a direct payment, referencing the Tower PO# in addition TOWER TRANSACTION.
- The words TOWER TRANSACTION must be included in the Header Comments field of the FTS request.
- FUNDING: All transactions must use Fund 70000 and must identify the Project ID associated with the funding Tower Foundation Account, which will generate an automatic invoice to Tower Foundation.
- Supporting documentation to support the request must be uploaded to the FTS transaction.
Finance and Business Services and Tower Foundation will work together to verify availability of funds and update account balances each month.