The CSU will be adjusting its mileage reimbursement rates to reflect the new IRS rates. The mileage rate changes are as follows and apply to business travel occurring on or after January 1, 2017:
- The standard mileage rate will decrease from 54 cents per mile to 53.5 cents per mile.
- Miles driven for moving purposes will be reimbursed at 17 cents per mile, decreased from 19 cents per mile.
The FTS Travel module reflects the standard mileage rate appropriate to the date(s) the mileage was incurred. If you have any questions, please contact FinanceConnect at ext. 4-1558 or email@example.com .
For employees who track or manage department budgets, please note that the month of November 2016 is now closed in CFS.
This means that the General Ledger (GL) system will not accept any more entries with a November journal date. November transactions can still be entered into the GL system, but the journal date must be 12/1/2016 or later. The current period open is December 2016
Finance Open Labs have been scheduled for January to June 2017.
Open labs are informal sessions where qualified personnel are available to assist department users who have access to the finance applications: CFS, FTS, Finance Data Warehouse, and Campus Marketplace. Come to an open lab for help on a number of topics:
- Understanding procurement and finance policies and guidelines
- Entering Requisitions or Travel Authorizations/Reimbursements in FTS
- Ordering from Campus Marketplace and Staples Advantage
- Running or reviewing Finance Data Warehouse reports
- Managing PO encumbrances
- Recording receipts and inspections
- Reviewing PO/requisition information in CFS
- Locating payment status for a Direct Payment or Reimbursement
Unless noted, labs are scheduled for Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in Clark Hall 505 on each of the days listed below. Be sure to bring your login information with you. Please refer back to this announcement for schedule changes.
- January 20
- February 3
- February 17
- March 3
- March 17
- April 14
- April 21
May 5 ** Cancelled **
- May 19
- May 26
- June 9
- June 23
- Monday, June 26
Refer to Finance Training for additional Information regarding training opportunities and resources for new or current employees.
If you have any questions, please contact Finance Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4-1558.