Effective January 1, 2015, the CSU will implement the following changes to business travel-
- The maximum lodging rate has been increased from $175 to $195 per night, excluding taxes, for in-state and out-of-state travel, including Alaska, Hawaii, and US possessions. This rate is effective for business travel occurring on or after January 1, 2015. Rates in excess of $195 must be pre-approved by a campus vice president or designees in accordance with the campus approval process, and must include the business purpose for the necessity to stay within certain facilities.
- The standard mileage rate for business travel occurring on or after January 1, 2015 will increase from 56 cents per mile to 57.5 cents per mile. Miles driven for moving purposes will be reimbursed at 23 cents per mile, decreased from 23.5 cents per mile. The FTS Travel module will reflect the updated mileage rate.
If you have any questions, please contact FinanceConnect at ext. 4-1558/email: email@example.com or Maggie DeLa Mere at ext. 4-1572/email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Starting at noon, Wednesday, December 17, until 8:00 a.m. on Thursday morning, December 18, CFS will be unavailable due to maintenance to be performed by CMS Technical Services (Chancellor’s Office).
All of our other systems will be available during this time, including FTS and the Data Warehouse. However, the regularly scheduled nightly processes to distribute FTS transactions will be suspended that night, causing a one-day delay processing time. We have not been informed that the Data Warehouse will not be refreshed during this down-time, so please be aware that this is a possibility.
Please contact FinanceConnect at email@example.com or 4-1558 if you have any questions.
Finance Open Labs have been scheduled from January to June 2015. Please refer back to this announcement for schedule changes.
Open labs are informal sessions where qualified personnel are available to assist department users who have access to the finance systems: CFS, FTS and CFS Data Warehouse report. Come to an open lab for help on a number of topics:
- Understanding procurement and finance policies and guidelines
- Entering Requisitions or Travel Authorizations/Reimbursements in FTS
- Managing PO encumbrances
- Assistance in reviewing financial activity in a CFS Data Warehouse report
- Navigating the Finance website
- Recording receipts and inspections
- Reviewing PO/requisition information in CFS
- Locating payment status of a Direct Payment or Reimbursement
Unless noted, majority of the labs run on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in Clark Hall 505 on each of the days listed below. Be sure to bring your login information with you.
- January 9
- February 6
- February 20
- March 6
- March 20
- April 10
- April 24
May 15 ** Cancelled
May 22 ** Cancelled
- May 29
- June 12
- June 19
- June 26
Employees in need of training to access the finance systems should refer to the Training section of the Finance website for finance course requirements. If you have any questions, please contact FinanceConnect at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4-1558.