FTS will be temporarily unavailable to users today, April 9 from 5:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
For employees who track or manage department budgets, please note that the month of March 2014 is now closed in CFS. This means that the General Ledger (GL) system will not accept any more entries with a March Journal Date. March transactions can still be entered into the GL system, but the Journal Date must be 4/1/2014 or later. Periods currently open are April 2014 through June 2014.
The CSU is upgrading the current Common Financial System (CFS) 9.0 to CFS 9.2. This is a systemwide implementation which will allow us to continue operating within an Oracle-supported CFS version. CFS 9.2 is scheduled to go-live the morning of Tuesday, April 22, 2014.
In order to accommodate the upgrade, the CFS system will be unavailable to all campuses from April 16 to April 21.
How will the CFS shutdown affect campus users?
- To allow the Finance Service Group time to prepare our CFS production environment for the upgrade, the last feed of FTS transactions to CFS will take place after 5:00 pm on Thursday, April 10. All FTS requests created, approved and submitted after this time will be on hold until CFS is available again on April 22.
- Campus users will have access to CFS 9.0 until 5:00 p.m. on April 15 to enter a PO receipt/inspection, review PO activity, or check the payment status of a voucher.
- To minimize disruptions to the campus during the downtime:
- Contracts & Purchasing Services will monitor submitted requisitions in FTS every day and issue manual purchase orders for requests requiring immediate attention.
- Accounts Payable will be available should a payment request requires immediate action. Please contact Kim Gamblin at ext. 4-1659 or FinanceConnect at ext. 4-1558.
- Bursar’s Office will continue to process student fees, deposits, and payments during the downtime; these transactions will be posted to department accounts once CFS 9.2 is available again.
Users will continue to have access to the following systems during the CFS downtime:
- CFS Data Warehouse will be available for reporting although the data will be frozen as of April 15; warehouse data will be refreshed when the normal nightly processing resumes on April 22.
- Financial Transaction Services (FTS) will be available for users to view, create and approve requests, but will be on hold from processing in CFS until April 22.
To summarize the impact during the CFS downtime:
- Requisitions will be reviewed and purchase orders will be created manually for requests needing immediate attention.
- Payments of any kind will not be issued by Accounts Payable. If payment request requires immediate attention, please contact Kim Gamblin at ext. 4-1659 or FinanceConnect at ext. 4-1558.
- PO receipts or inspections cannot be entered.
- Budget and expenditure transfers will not be posted.
- Purchase Order encumbrances will not be posted.
- Change Order Requests will be processed within the normal 5 – 7 day time frame.
Please forward this announcement to staff and faculty in your area, as appropriate.