We established our free K-12 Teaching Academy in Summer 2020 to support current teachers, teacher candidates, and community partners in transitioning to online teaching as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Since then, our webinar recordings have been viewed nearly 25,000 times and our series has been highlighted on ABC7 News, EdSource, and the COVID-19 CA website.
Join us from Monday, June 28 – Thursday, July 8, for our free Summer 2021 K-12 Teaching Academy webinars, which will feature teachers, administrators, professors, and other practitioners and focus on relevant topics regarding returning to a “new normal” in classrooms in Fall 2021. Sessions include:
- Week(s) of Welcome: Intentional, Inclusive Relationships Start Here
- The Discussion-based Classroom
- Talk as Transformation: Building Equity, Agency and Joy in the Elementary Classroom
- Reimagining K-16 (Science) Teaching and Learning During a Time of Crisis: Transforming Learning Environments Through Justice-Centered Instructional and Pedagogical Design
- Centering Humanity Through Identity-Informed Collaborative Notebook Activities
- Better Together: Partnering with Families and the Community for Student Success
- Considering Community and Trauma
- The Next Normal: Reimagining Next Year’s Classroom
- Bringing Our Humanity to the TK-5 Classroom Through an Ethnic Studies Stance
- Queering the Classroom to Foster a Safe and Inclusive Environment: Lessons from Research and Practice
- Freedom Dreaming: Ethnic Studies Teaching in the Secondary Grades
- Bring it Back to the Classroom: What Did We Learn From a Year of COVID?
- Building Culture and Community One Story at a Time
Learn more about each session and RSVP for as many as you’d like at sjsu.edu/education/community/k12-academy.