Dear Lurie College Students —
- All Lurie College courses will be online through Feb. 13, 2022. Course instructors will reach out to registered students directly with more information about synchronous and asynchronous class meeting plans.
- Field experiences for Lurie College students will continue in the modality determined by our school and community partners. We anticipate that most schools, clinics, and community-based programs remain open for in-person work and learning. As long as our field partners continue to operate in person, we expect our students to be physically present in their field placements.
- Our Lurie College Student Success Center, department offices, and student support services continue to be open for both in person and virtual access. Please check the relevant page(s) on our college website for hours, location, and contact information.
- Study space and computer equipment are available. If you need a quiet space to study and/or need access to wifi for online classes, you are welcome to use the study spaces on campus, including our student success center in Sweeney Hall 106 and study and collaboration room in Sweeney Hall 446. If you need computer equipment or technical assistance to be able to access courses online, please contact our student success center.
- We will return to the planned Spring 2022 schedule beginning on Feb. 14. Please make plans to be available for on-campus class meetings by arranging your work schedule, securing housing in the region, obtaining your parking pass or public transit pass, getting your ID card (required to access buildings on campus), getting your booster vaccine, etc. For classes that are listed as hybrid, please refer to the course syllabi in Canvas for more information on specific on-campus meeting dates. You can also obtain this information from department administrative assistants and/or advisors in the student success center. We are also planning to host a Cocoa and Coffee in the Courtyard event around this time, so stay tuned for more details.
Marcos Pizarrro, Associate Dean