Grad Slam is a research communication competition at San José State University, where graduate students present their research in a three-minute, one-slide format to a non-specialist audience. This exciting and fast-paced event offers a transformative professional development experience and the opportunity to showcase your research to a wider audience.
- Matriculated in a master’s or doctoral degree program at SJSU
- Must apply as an individual presenter
- Limited to one participation during your degree program
- In the research/creative phase of your program, with significant findings or progress on your project
Rewards and Prizes:
- Cash prizes of $1,200 (First Place), $800 (Second Place), and $500 (Audience Choice)
- Eligible to compete in the CSU-Wide Grad Slam and regional competition
- YouTube copy of your video submission for LinkedIn, portfolio, and CV/resumé
- Invitation to act as a guest judge at the finals in the following year
Don’t miss the opportunity to highlight your research and gain valuable public speaking skills! Participate in Grad Slam and be a part of SJSU’s vibrant research community.