The Academic Affairs Division’s Travel Guide has been updated and now includes a section regarding the Docusign Travel Authorization Form. This updated guide is now available on the Provost’s website & the AA Resource Hub. The AAD Travel Guide is meant to be a tool focused on our division that should be used alongside the SJSU Travel Guide & Travel Checklist. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or require further information.
This is a reminder to all AAD personnel that the travel restrictions issued previously by the CSU Chancellor’s Office were lifted effective 6/1/2021. With this being said, departments will no longer need to use the Google form “Adapted Travel Process for Presidential Approval” for domestic travel.
All travel, unless otherwise indicated, will be conducted as it was prior to COVID restrictions. Domestic travel will need to be approved by the dean as the highest approval level. Please note that some states are prohibited to travel to. You can find those states here.
International travel will still need to be approved at the presidential level as it has been done in the past in FTS. Remember, there is a list of countries currently considered high-risk. Please consult the CSURMA High Hazardous Country List and also review each country’s current COVID-19 risk.
Important: If an employee had submitted a travel authorization for virtual travel which has now become actual travel, a new travel authorization must be resubmitted in FTS. For further information on this and other travel questions, please refer to the COVID Travel FAQ.
For the departments that are interested in bringing faculty candidates to visit the campus or the area, please note the following:
- A Travel Approval Request must be completed prior to the visit. Obtain all necessary approval and submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Departments must use their department GoCard to prepay expenses such as airfare, lodging, and car rentals for auditing purposes.
- Candidates’ travel expenses that are not prepaid will be reimbursed through a Travel Reimbursement Request. Follow the instructions on the form, attach the fully executed Travel Approval Request, and submit the claim to email@example.com.
- If a campus visit is included in the itinerary, no more than one member from the recruitment committee can offer the tour.
- The recruitment committee member must submit a COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Request prior to the tour.
Please note that in-person meetings, such as on-campus committee meetings and interviews, are still restricted at this point.
Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This message is for employees who process student travel and is meant to offer clarity to the process.
Students are not required to submit a Travel Authorization for virtual conferences/events. However, if the event changes from virtual to in-person, authorizations are required:
- If the student is an SJSU employee, submit an authorization request in FTS before the event.
- If the student is NOT an SJSU employee, fill out the Travel Approval Request form and obtain the necessary approval.
To reimburse a student for out-of-pocket expenses:
- If the student is in FTS, a Travel Reimbursement request can be submitted online.
- If the student is NOT in FTS, submit a Travel Reimbursement Request form to email@example.com.
Please note that Finance encourages departments to use their GoCard to pay for registration to avoid putting an economical strain on the student.
For more information, please refer to the Virtual Meetings/Conferences FAQs.