If you’d like to allocate Start-Up or RSCA funds to faculty from your college or department budgets, a transfer can be requested using a new quick and easy method. To make a request, use the College or Dept. Issued Start-Up, RSCA, or Professional Development Funds Google Form on the AA Resource Hub.
- Department-level requests should be coordinated with Dean’s office prior to submission.
- If funds will be transferred, factor it into your 2022-23 year-end reporting. Please submit requests by June 16, 2023 which allows for two-weeks of processing time by the fiscal year-end.
- This form will accept single or multiple requests. If submitting multiple requests, please use the template that is linked in the Google form.
This form is available under the Budget and Finance menu, under the RSCA or Faculty Start-Up categories:
If you have questions, please contact Connie Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join ABSO in April for an opportunity to learn the basics of budget management. This workshop series offers an overview of the commonly used fund types, expense tracking, and reconciliation. Come and learn how to track all of your financial details on one spreadsheet! This workshop series will take place virtually over three days – April 14, 21, and 28 between 10 – 11 am.
All department admins new to Academic Affairs or interested in getting a refresher are encouraged to attend. Please register before 04/14/2023 using the link provided below.
Academic department schedulers, please mark your calendars – Academic Scheduling has open labs via Zoom to answer fall 2023 schedule building questions.
Round 1 cycle – Feb. 20 – Mar. 1, 2023
- Feb. 22, 2023, 2pm-3pm
- Feb. 24, 2023, 11am-12pm
- Feb. 28, 2023, 2pm-3pm
Round 1.5 cycle – Mar. 8 – Mar. 16, 2023
- Mar. 10, 2023, 11am-12pm
- Mar. 14, 2023, 2pm-3pm
To attend any of these open labs, please email email@example.com with the specific date(s) and you will receive an invitation.
For the complete fall 2023 production dates, please check with your college’s Academic Scheduling Users Group (ASUG) representative for college dates and deadlines.
Interagency Financial Transactions (IFTs), formerly known as Cash Posting Orders (CPOs).
Beginning FY 2022/23, departments, colleges, and units will be responsible for processing the faculty payment requests via Special Consultant or Category 2403 for funds provided via IFTs. Please refer to the faculty additional employment website under UP for additional information on these types of payments.
University Personnel Faculty Services (UPFS) has approved IFTs that meet certain criteria to be processed directly via the Special Consultant Payment request, bypassing the pre-approval requirement. This only applies when one of the two items listed below is included as part of the IFT supportive documentation.
- An approved Faculty Engagement form
- A memo that includes the faculty name, the scope of work, and the amount to be paid
A budget allocation will be posted to the faculty’s home department with Class Code 1024 – Chancellor’s Office to help identify IFT funds. A copy of the budget journal will be sent to the college and department for their records.
All departments, colleges, and units will be responsible for tracking IFT activities within their area.
Please refer to the AA Resource Hub for additional information.
The Miscellaneous Payment Request form is now available in DocuSign! The form is available on the Hub and is ready for use.
Miscellaneous Payment is a bulk process designed to handle multiple faculty stipend payments, bypassing the standard Additional Employment appointment processes. Due to its special nature, departments in Academic Affairs may use this process only for select payment types:
- College-authorized department workshops and training participation (stipend payment must be in the range of $140 – $300)
- Fellowship included in a new hire’s offer
- Other research fellowship payments with a clear outline of work
- Summer advising (orientation and general stateside summer advising)
- Award stipends for teaching associates and graduate assistants
All other faculty payments must be processed through Additional Employment.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.