If you’d like to allocate Start-Up or RSCA funds to faculty from your college or department budgets, a transfer can be requested using a new quick and easy method. To make a request, use the College or Dept. Issued Start-Up, RSCA, or Professional Development Funds Google Form on the AA Resource Hub.
- Department-level requests should be coordinated with Dean’s office prior to submission.
- If funds will be transferred, factor it into your 2022-23 year-end reporting. Please submit requests by June 16, 2023 which allows for two-weeks of processing time by the fiscal year-end.
- This form will accept single or multiple requests. If submitting multiple requests, please use the template that is linked in the Google form.
This form is available under the Budget and Finance menu, under the RSCA or Faculty Start-Up categories:
If you have questions, please contact Connie Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help colleges and departments manage their faculty’s start-up funds, ABSO is introducing a new dashboard, where start-up account information can easily be retrieved by DeptID, Department, College, Faculty Name, or Class Code.
What does the new Start-Up Summary dashboard show?
- General faculty information
- Original spend deadline date; possible values include:
- Absolute date = date given in offer letter
- N/A = not specified. For more information, consult your Dean’s office.
- End of Probation = funds are available until the end of the faculty’s probation period
- Extended spend deadline date; possible values include:
- Absolute date = approved extension date
- Blank = no request for an extension was submitted, or an extension was not approved
- Expired/Depleted status – “No” or “Yes”
By design, start-up fund balances are not displayed in this dashboard. To find the balance, use Data Warehouse.
When is the dashboard updated?
- When new start up accounts are established
- When the expired status changes from No to Yes
New start-up accounts shown in the dashboard may take an additional day or two to show in Data Warehouse.
How to navigate there:
- On the AA Resource Hub, on the top menu bar, select “Budget and Finance”.
- Under Faculty Start-Up, select “Faculty Start-Up Expiration Dates”.
Did you know…?
Earlier this week, ABSO announced a new DocuSign template to facilitate the approval process for extending faculty start-up funds. Please refer to the Faculty Startup page on the Hub for more information.
For questions about start-up funds, please contact Connie Kim at email@example.com. For other questions or issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To streamline the way startup extension is granted, ABSO has created a DocuSign template to facilitate the approval process. Faculty who wish to request to request an extension of time to expend against their startup funds should complete the form at least 30 days before the expiration date. Please be reminded that startup funds cannot be extended beyond the end of a faculty member’s probationary period except for a compelling reason. In addition, expenditures that exceed the startup budget will be the responsibility of the faculty member’s home department. Refer to the AAD Startup Funds Guidelines for additional information.
The Extension Request form has embedded conditional routing. It will be routed to the designated reviewers and approvers based on the faculty’s home college. Users will only need to enter the name and email of their Department Chair and Admin when initiating the form.
To learn more about the management of startup funds, please refer to the Faculty Startup page on the Hub. If you have any issues or questions, please contact email@example.com.
Please feel free to share this information with any staff or faculty as appropriate.
Thank you to those who attended our Spring 2022 Admin Q&A for Faculty RSCA, Start-Up, and Professional Development Funds yesterday. We hope you find the information helpful.
A copy of the presentation is now live on the Hub. You can find it in the Tools & Resources section in Budget & Finance or access it here.
Please feel free to share the presentation with colleagues who may not have been able to attend.
We appreciate everyone who attended the Spring 2021 Admin Q&A hosted by Research & Innovation and Academic Affairs. The presentation is now posted on the Hub for your reference.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.