Welcome New Lurie College Staff Member Francesca Teixeira!

Lurie College is excited to welcome its newest staff member in the Student Success Center, Francesca Teixeira, to join our community beginning in the Fall 2020 semester!

SJSU Lurie College of Education Student Success Center Staff Francesca Teixeira

Hello everyone! My name is Francesca Teixeira and I am the new Student Retention and Graduation Specialist for the Lurie College of Education! I am very excited to be joining the college and subsequently working with its staff and students! Originally born in the Bay Area and raised on the East Coast, I bring a wide array of personal life and professional experiences to my work! My educational background includes attending Solano Community College (Fairfield, CA) where I received 2 AAs in Psychology and Liberal Studies. I then transferred to San Francisco State (SFSU) where I obtained a BA in Psychology with a minor in Sexuality Studies. After taking a few years off I returned to San Francisco State to pursue my Masters in Counseling with specializations in College and Career Counseling. After graduating in 2016, I continued working at SF State as an academic advisor for a grant-funded educational program specializing in degree attainment for Early Childhood educators. In addition to advising I taught part-time in the Masters of Counseling department teaching graduate level Counseling courses. My heart has always been and will be in student success! I look forward to being a part of SJSU and the Lurie College family. Regardless if you’re a faculty, staff, and/or student, my role is to continually support you!