Join us as guest expert Dr. Jenna Butler, Applied Research Scientist at Microsoft, award winning engineer and researcher in the field of developer productivity and well-being, presents “The New Future of Work: Building It, Not Waiting for It” on Wednesday, November 16 from 10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. PT.
The last two and a half years have caused dramatic shifts in the way we work, and we are currently settling into a “new normal.” We must ask ourselves — what do we want that new normal to be? We have the opportunity to create the new future of work instead of passively letting it appear over time. To that end, we are studying everything from individual productivity in the work place, to team dynamics, to organizational behavior and societal implications to understand the impact different ways of working have and to ensure we create a better future. Come learn what we know so far about remote and hybrid work, impacts across cultures and genders, and what changes you can make to build an inclusive, productive future of work.
Click here to join the webcast training.
Questions: Contact Jennifer Wicks, Executive Producer, at email@example.com or 562-951-4525 prior to webcast day.
This webcast will take place Wednesday, November 16, 2022 from 10:00am – 11:00am. All CSU Faculty & Staff are invited to attend this free webcast.
Please note: this session will be on Zoom (not Adobe Connect).
DID YOU MISS IT? You are welcome to view all of our previous recordings on the learning portal, CSU Learn.
A recent change was made to the Calendars page on the University Personnel website that may impact some users.
If you receive the message below when accessing the Calendars page from the Tools & Resources menu (shown above), please clear your browser cache, navigate to the UP website homepage, and then refresh the page before navigating again.
If you follow the steps above and are still receiving the message, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
As of today, University Personnel will print and distribute Tower Cards for Faculty, Staff, Auxiliary Employees, Volunteers, Visiting Scholars and other Persons of Interest (POIs). The Bursar’s Office will only manage the distribution of Tower Cards for students.
In order to obtain a Tower Card, an employee or POI must complete a 2-step process:
- Upload a photo to MyID
- Complete the Tower (ID) Card Mailing Request Form
All cards will be mailed to the address listed on the form above. Employees may contact University Personnel via email at email@example.com with any Tower Card inquiries.
Principles of Supervision – for leaders with supervisory responsibilities
- Designed for managers, supervisors and leads who are new to supervising others or just need a refresher
- This online, workshop-style course is offered via 7 interactive modules with asynchronous and synchronous components over a 4-week period
- Topics cover fundamental skills such as directing and delegating work, performance management, providing feedback and team engagement
- Participants will use this Learning Guide during the live classes
- Your commitment to attend all seven live, online classes. We understand that sometimes plans change unexpectedly and you may need to miss a class. If that happens, it is your responsibility to catch up on content before the next class.
- Complete the assigned pre-learning modules prior to the class session and be prepared to access your Learning Guide during class time. Failure to complete the pre-learning modules will result in incompletion of the course.
- Class will start promptly at 9:30 AM. Please log-in as early as needed to ensure audio and video connection are properly working the day of your training.
- The classes are very interactive. To ensure everyone gets the most value out of the program, all participants will be expected to actively take part via audio, video, and chat throughout the course.
The schedule below shows the time you are required to be live, online. There are two and a half hours of dedicated class time for each module. In addition to the class time, there are assignments that must be completed independently by each learner. These pre-learning modules can be taken at your own pace but must be completed before the next class session. Please estimate approximately 20-40 minutes of additional work to complete each of these self-paced modules.
Course Fee: $350
Registration is limited and will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Please reach out to the course facilitator, Andrea King, with any questions you may have!
Written by: Amanda Keidel, Field Marketing Manager, California Casualty
Don’t delay, now you can get a quote online in just minutes!
The CSU Auto & Home Insurance Program provided by California Casualty is offering a two-month holiday skip-payment option that is perfect for this time of year! With an average savings of $554 per year, each policy includes CSU employee specific benefits, free ID Theft Protection, Pet Injury Coverage and Exclusive rates.
Click here to obtain your quote online or Call 833-989-3583 to get started!