The University Personnel website has completed a redesign that we believe is more user friendly and easier to navigate. As always, our goal is to get you the information or people you need as quickly as possible.
Please take a look at this document for detailed information on the revisions, as well as short overview videos.
A key feature of the new website is the Our Teams menu, where we highlight each unit in University Personnel, including the staff and functions supported. We are hopeful that breaking out this information will make it easier to connect with us.
Our new Resource & Support pages for Faculty, Staff & MPPs, and Student Employees provide a comprehensive list of resources across campus, not just in University Personnel. You can also find these pages as tiles on one.SJSU, as well as in a Task Group called UP Resources & Support. Enter “resource” in the search bar to find the tiles and the task group.
As you begin using the updated site, please let us know what you think. Complete this short feedback form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Personnel is currently recruiting for the following positions (click the title to learn more or to apply):
Volunteer, POI and Compliance Assistant – Admin Support Coordinator II
- The Assistant is responsible for the daily processing of volunteer and other Person of Interest (POI) appointments, including determining whether background checks are required and monitoring the outcomes, determining if the appointment is appropriate and valid, and assisting department users with the completion of forms and data entry. In addition, the Assistant supports the Coordinator with compliance duties such as monitoring and responding to emails and updating information related to online compliance training.
Employee Support Services Representative (1-year temporary) – Admin Analyst/Specialist Non-Exempt
- The Employee Support Services Representative works independently under general supervision to provide personnel support for all university employees. Incumbent performs moderately complex duties related to processing the full range of personnel transactions and employment-related documents for all categories of University employees. Personnel transactions include reviewing and auditing temporary faculty and academic student employee appointments and ensuring adherence to the Unit 3 (CFA) and Unit 11 (UAW) collective bargaining agreements and Academic Senate policies and procedures.
Senior Compensation Analyst – Confidential Admin Support II
- The Senior Compensation Analyst is the primary compensation professional on campus. The incumbent acts as the subject matter expert for classification and compensation for campus and for the Recruiting team in University Personnel. The incumbent is responsible for conducting and making decisions on classification & compensation reviews for staff, management and faculty employees (when applicable) and is responsible for reviewing and maintaining equity across the campus while ensuring adherence to CSU policies and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Senior Employee/Labor Relations Analyst – Confidential Admin Support II
- The Senior Analyst works under limited supervision and performs journey-level professional employee/labor relations staff duties including investigation design, research and analysis; assists in the resolution of disputes; assists in the preparation of grievance and complaint responses; assists with the design, development and facilitation of employee/labor relations related training. Provides advice and interpretation of Collective Bargaining Agreements, CSU policies and procedures to managers and work leads/supervisors; assist investigators with related duties and performs related duties as required. This position will also provide support to the area of equal opportunity as needed.
If you know someone outside of the university who might be interested, please direct them to apply via jobs.sjsu.edu.
We’ve had several organizational changes in University Personnel recently from new people coming on board to existing employees stepping into new roles – some on an interim basis and some permanently.
Recent New Hires:
- Alton Bartolome – Equal Opportunity and Employee Relations Analyst
- Jonathan Beene – Recruiter
- Marina Corrales – Faculty Services Representative
- Sean Zaerzadeh – Academic Employee Relations Analyst
- Terryn Ashley – Manager, Payroll and Employee Support Services
- Timothy Dyer – Equal Opportunity and Employee Relations Analyst
- Christie Martinez – Manager, Employment Authorization and Compliance Services
- Crystal Mercado – Interim Manager, University Personnel Operations
- Tracy Vuong – Faculty Services Representative
You can see our full organization on our newly updated Organizational Chart.
See the Management Team and Staff by Function webpages for more information on who is responsible for the numerous functions and processes in University Personnel.
If you ever have any questions or aren’t sure where to start, email us at email@example.com or contact us via phone at 408-924-2250. We’re here to help!