Please see below for a summary of recent changes to the University Personnel website. We recommend clearing your browser cache to ensure you see the updated information.
- The MyInfo and News menus/pages have been removed
- The Tools & Resources menu/page has been renamed to Resources
- A new menu and page, Professional Development, has been created
Professional Development contains information previously housed under the MyInfo and News menus.
The highlighted information in the image below has been moved to MyCareer (previously under MyInfo).
The information highlighted below has been moved to Resources (previously under News). In addition, a new page called Policies & Guidelines has been added to the Resources menu to make it easier to find various policies and guidelines managed by UP.
Additional updates are in the planning stages, and we will let you know when they are complete.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out: email@example.com.
Please feel free to forward this information to others in your department who may be interested.
Spartans Stepping Beyond, our online recognition program, has been an opportunity to recognize or thank a fellow Spartan who made a difference on campus. Since we started the program almost ten years ago, many of you have participated and highlighted the ways your fellow Spartans have stepped up to help you or others on campus.
We would like to take a moment to express our heartfelt gratitude for your unwavering dedication and hard work that continues to drive our Spartan community forward.
As we strive to continuously improve our programs and initiatives, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend our Spartans Stepping Beyond program. We want to assure you that this decision in no way diminishes our appreciation for your exceptional contributions and the value you bring to our community!
We are committed to taking this time to reevaluate and enhance our recognition program, ensuring that it becomes even more meaningful and impactful when reintroduced later this year.
Thank you for your understanding, patience, and ongoing commitment. We appreciate you and look forward to the day we can reintroduce a revamped Spartans Stepping Beyond that truly reflects the outstanding contributions of our exceptional campus community.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recently updated our Acronyms and Terms spreadsheet and have updated the posting locations on our website. You will find the spreadsheet on the following pages:
Under Tools and Resources:
Please note, in order to view the spreadsheet you must be logged into your SJSU email.
If there is an acronym or term you believe should be added to the spreadsheet, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
The University Personnel website has completed a redesign that we believe is more user friendly and easier to navigate. As always, our goal is to get you the information or people you need as quickly as possible.
Please take a look at this document for detailed information on the revisions, as well as short overview videos.
A key feature of the new website is the Our Teams menu, where we highlight each unit in University Personnel, including the staff and functions supported. We are hopeful that breaking out this information will make it easier to connect with us.
Our new Resource & Support pages for Faculty, Staff & MPPs, and Student Employees provide a comprehensive list of resources across campus, not just in University Personnel. You can also find these pages as tiles on one.SJSU, as well as in a Task Group called UP Resources & Support. Enter “resource” in the search bar to find the tiles and the task group.
As you begin using the updated site, please let us know what you think. Complete this short feedback form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Personnel is currently recruiting for the following positions (click the title to learn more or to apply):
Volunteer, POI and Compliance Assistant – Admin Support Coordinator II
- The Assistant is responsible for the daily processing of volunteer and other Person of Interest (POI) appointments, including determining whether background checks are required and monitoring the outcomes, determining if the appointment is appropriate and valid, and assisting department users with the completion of forms and data entry. In addition, the Assistant supports the Coordinator with compliance duties such as monitoring and responding to emails and updating information related to online compliance training.
Employee Support Services Representative (1-year temporary) – Admin Analyst/Specialist Non-Exempt
- The Employee Support Services Representative works independently under general supervision to provide personnel support for all university employees. Incumbent performs moderately complex duties related to processing the full range of personnel transactions and employment-related documents for all categories of University employees. Personnel transactions include reviewing and auditing temporary faculty and academic student employee appointments and ensuring adherence to the Unit 3 (CFA) and Unit 11 (UAW) collective bargaining agreements and Academic Senate policies and procedures.
Senior Compensation Analyst – Confidential Admin Support II
- The Senior Compensation Analyst is the primary compensation professional on campus. The incumbent acts as the subject matter expert for classification and compensation for campus and for the Recruiting team in University Personnel. The incumbent is responsible for conducting and making decisions on classification & compensation reviews for staff, management and faculty employees (when applicable) and is responsible for reviewing and maintaining equity across the campus while ensuring adherence to CSU policies and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Senior Employee/Labor Relations Analyst – Confidential Admin Support II
- The Senior Analyst works under limited supervision and performs journey-level professional employee/labor relations staff duties including investigation design, research and analysis; assists in the resolution of disputes; assists in the preparation of grievance and complaint responses; assists with the design, development and facilitation of employee/labor relations related training. Provides advice and interpretation of Collective Bargaining Agreements, CSU policies and procedures to managers and work leads/supervisors; assist investigators with related duties and performs related duties as required. This position will also provide support to the area of equal opportunity as needed.
If you know someone outside of the university who might be interested, please direct them to apply via jobs.sjsu.edu.