As announced earlier this month, the new Travel Authorization and Reimbursement component in Financial Transaction Services (FTS) is scheduled to go-live Wednesday, April 4. To implement the new component, please be aware of following:
- Complete and submit all your Travel Reimbursements by 5:00 pm Monday, April 2. Travel Reimbursements in open status after that time will be cancelled.
- FTS will be unavailable from 12:00 Noon Tuesday, April 3 until go-live Wednesday, April 4.
- A FinanceConnect listserv message will be sent to you once FTS is back online and live with the new component.
Activate Your Account
When the system comes back online, you will be able to sign in using your SJSUOne ID and password. If you have not yet done so, visit SJSUOne Activate Your Account. To activate your account, you will need your 9-digit SJSU ID (Tower ID), your birth date and your mailing address.
The new Travel Authorization and Reimbursement Component feature a number of enhancements including:
- System sign in using your SJSUOne account with every faculty, staff and student having automatic access to this system as a Traveler
- Paperless approval routing for both Travel Authorization and Travel Reimbursements – No more routing forms for signature!
- Electronic submission of Travel Reimbursements, uploading supporting documentation and receipts
- Automated email messages, communicating review, approval and submission information to travelers and Approving Officials
- Review capability for submitted Travel Authorization and Reimbursement requests, allowing the traveler to check on the status of their request and where it is in the approval process
- One trip number assigned, creating a correlation between the Travel Authorization and the Travel Reimbursement
The new travel component is user friendly and training is not required. An online user guide will be available on MySJSU shortly after go-live.
Meeting for Finance Users
Details about the new Travel Authorization and Reimbursement component will be presented at:
Finance Spring 2012 What’s Up? Meeting
Wednesday, April 4
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
All campus Finance users are encouraged to attend
Please share this information with staff and faculty in your area, as appropriate. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the FinanceConnect Hotline at 924-1558 or firstname.lastname@example.org.