We are “Hiring” Tutors! Contact us to find out more!
We pride ourselves as an organization that offers high quality, experienced tutors with a B.S. or B.A. degree, or higher, a platform for them to connect with students that want to be tutored and get the best value for their dollar.
Join PTSTUTORS!! Add yourself into our website as a tutor at: http://www.ptstutors.com – It’s that simple!
What you get from PTSTUTORS once you sign up:
You will be an independent contractor and will have control on your fees, who to tutor, and your tutoring methods.
We will take care of billing the students and advertising so you can focus on your tutoring.
Signing up is easy and convenient! You bring your expertise and passion, and we take care of the rest.
Tutors usually end up with:
$25.00- $40.00 per/hour.
Choice of working at student’s home or mutually agreed place.
Compare our commissions with that from other companies.
Easy-to-use Website – sign up as a tutor and you are ready-to-go – http://www.ptstutors.com:
Our website it easy and convenient to use for students, parents and tutors.
Students search tutor profiles, select a tutor, contact the tutor, and pay for tutoring as they go.
Tutors can upload a profile and photo for free, find tutees, or respond to tutoring requests.
What we require from you:
Passion for helping others reach their academic goals.
A desire to earn extra money in a meaningful manner while having a flexible schedule.
If you drive to students’ homes, reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance.
BA/BS or higher level of education.
Previous experience teaching or tutoring.
A copy of your college transcripts or a copy of your diploma. To send us this information you can:
Scan them and then attach them to an email.
Mail them to: PTSTUTORS, 101 First St, Suite 101, Los Altos, CA 94022
Fax to: 650-948-5137.
Upload them into the http://www.ptstutors.com website.
We want to “hire” tutors throughout the USA to teach, tutor, or coach students in the following subjects:
Math: All levels and classes, elementary through graduate level
Foreign Languages: Spanish, French, German, Latin, Japanese, Chinese …
Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Physics …
English : Reading, writing, grammar literature, SAT, TOEFL …
Computer Science: All languages
Contact PTSTUTORS INC if you have any questions: 650-948-5137
My name is LaQuesia Gorins and I’m the Hiring Manager at Frog Tutoring. We are a tutoring company and we are starting to see a significant boom in clientele in San Jose. Unfortunately, we don’t quite have the numbers to meet the demand. I spoke with representative from your university and she informed me that I should contact you in regards to posting flyers.
We currently have several students who are in desperate need of tutors! Could you help us out? We are looking for students within your Department that are passionate and knowledgeable about
teaching and learning. I’ve included a job description and a benefits overview below.
Would you mind forwarding this to students that may be interested? If you need more information, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My information is listed below. Thank you!
All Frog Tutoring tutors will meet with assigned students to provide one-on-one private tutoring for subject matters in their areas of expertise. Tutors are to serve as a guide and coach to
assist their students to become a successful, independent learner while integrating effective study and learning strategies to maximize the student’s potential for academic progress.
Ultimately, it is the tutor’s responsibility to motivate students to want to learn, achieve, and be self-motivated.
Why Work For Frog Tutoring?
2. Tutors will choose which grade levels and subjects to tutor.
3. Tutors will create their own work schedule.
4. As long as tutors work the minimum amount of hours a week, they can work as many hours as they like.
5. Driving Compensation Depending on the distance, tutors will be compensated for driving over a certain mileage.
6. Bonuses Tutors who constantly receive high tutor rankings will be eligible for periodic bonuses.
7. Incentives & Acknowledgement (Hard work does not go unnoticed!!!)
8. Tutor of the month: Every month the Regional Coordinator from each region will submit one tutor to be selected as the tutor of the month. This tutor will have their name and photo posted
on the corporate page of the website as well as our Facebook page. Not only will they receive public acknowledgement and a certificate, the tutor of the month will receive “special prize”
which will vary each month.
9. Tutor Referral Program during our “busy” season
10. During times when there is a high need for tutors, current tutors will receive a bonus for every person referred and hired that are qualified to tutor in high demand subjects.
If this position interests you, please apply online at: www.frogtutoring.com/become-a-tutor
Hiring Manager at FrogTutoring, LLC
Office: (817) 717 7235 I Fax: (877) 904 0134
www.FrogTutoring.com | www.Facebook.com/FrogTutoring
firstname.lastname@example.org | Skype: FrogTutoring5
Advising Reminders for Spring 2018
1) Deadline for Undergrads to Apply for Spring/Summer/Fall 2018 Graduation Mon. Mar. 19.
2) Advising Holds for undergrad Math/Stat majors were placed on March 5.
3) Undergrad Math/Stat majors need to make an appointment to see their advisor for advising. After their advising appointment the advisor can remove the student’s advising hold. Students should receive an email from Dr. Hsu informing them who their advisor is but if you have not received such an email contact Dr. Hsu or Dr. Jackson. If you had a Math/Stat advisor in the fall then your advisor for the spring should be the same person unless you changed your major.
4) Students should make an effort to finish their advising and getting their advising hold removed by May 1 which is the start of advance registration for Fall 2018 classes for continuing students. Generally students can register for up to 16 units at this time.
5) Students can find their own individual enrollment appointment for registration for Fall 2018 classes on MySJSU starting April 16.
6) Newly admitted students can view their advising appointments on MySJSU starting Monday June 11. Advance Registration for Fall 2018 New Admits begins Monday June 18. New admits who need advising can contact Professor Jackson by email. He will come in for advising roughly once a week during the summer.
7) Starting Friday June 29 Graduating Seniors who filed for graduation by Monday March 19 can enroll for usually up to 19 units. Starting Friday July 6 all continuing students can enroll for usually up to 19 units.
8) Advance registration ends Saturday August 18. Late registration period begins Aug. 21, the first day of instruction. To add a course students now need to get an add code from their instructor.
9) Last to Drop a Class without a W grade is Friday Aug. 31, to drop a class after this date a late drop petition will be required. Last day to add a class via MySJSU online and without a petition and late fee is Monday, September 10.
Cheers, Brad J
Open House Flyer – Spr18-1ibwax3
Graduation workshops with the Registrar’s office for undergraduates. Cheers, Brad J
I am writing you to let you know about an excellent opportunity for undergraduate students, graduate students, instructors, or adjuncts in your department who may be interested in summer employment as a mathematics teaching assistant or instructor with the Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY) summer programs. CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. Information regarding our summer programs can be found at cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer.
I appreciate you taking the time to forward the information below to undergraduate and graduate students and instructors/adjuncts in your department, and posting this announcement on your job board.
Amber Wagner Gaines
Program Manager, Summer Academic Programs
Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth
Summer 2018 Employment Opportunities:
Math Instructors and Teaching Assistants
The Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is seeking instructors and teaching assistants for our summer programs. CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. Positions are available at residential and day sites at colleges, universities, and schools on the East and West coasts, as well as internationally in Hong Kong. (For a full list of sites, visit cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.html.)
We are currently seeking individuals with expertise in a number of mathematics-related subjects, including:
•Combinatorics and Graph Theory
•Paradoxes and Infinities
•Theory of Computation
A full list of mathematics courses can be found at cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/courses/math_computer_science.html.
Why teach for CTY?
•share your passion for mathematics with highly motivated and talented students
•be a part of an intellectual community
•develop your teaching skills in a supportive, collegial environment
•work alongside dedicated educators from around the world
•limited class size (15 students), plus an instructor and assistant for each class, ensures a low student-teacher ratio
•competitive salary plus room and board at our residential sites
2018 Program Core Dates*
•Session 1: June 21 – July 14, 2018
•Session 2: July 14 – August 4, 2018
*Some sites run one week later than these dates. For a full list of locations and dates, please visit cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.html.
Terms of Employment
•Starting salary for two sessions is $4,800 – $6,000 for instructors and $2,400 for TAs
•Room and board are provided at residential sites. Travel assistance is provided to Hong Kong.
· Teaching assistant candidates are generally graduate or undergraduate students with experience tutoring or as a TA.
· Instructor candidates generally have independent classroom teaching experience, graduate coursework, and at least a bachelor’s degree.
•Instructor and Teaching Assistant positions: cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/positions
•Employment with CTY: cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer
Please fill out an online application at cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.