Hello SJSU Colleagues:
The university library board would like to gather student input via survey regarding your use of the library and your opinion with respect to future directions for the library. Please use the link below to access the survey. A $25 gold card will be awarded to 6 students randomly selected from among those who complete and return the survey.
The information gathered will be used to shape changes in the university’s library policy which was established in the spring of 2003 (before the joint library opened). Members of the university library board need your input as they review the existing policy in preparation for proposing updates to the policy this coming spring. The library board recognizes how important a resource the library is for you and sincerely seeks your input.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
University Library Board Chair
Hello SJSU Colleagues:
CAPGEMINI STAFF CONSULTANT
Who are we?
- · Capgemini is a global technology consulting company that employs more than 130,000 people worldwide
and reported 2013 global revenues of over 13.5 billion dollars.
- · In working with our clients, Capgemini leverages a trademarked approach called the Collaborative
Business Experience, an unrivalled ability to work together to produce the most innovative business
- · Backed by over three decades of industry and service experience, the Collaborative Business Experience
is designed to help our clients achieve better, faster, more sustainable results through our own people, a
seamless access to our network of world-leading technology partners and Capgemini’s collaborationfocused
methods and tools.
- · Through commitment to mutual success and the achievement of tangible value, we help businesses
implement growth strategies, leverage technology, and thrive through the power of collaboration.
Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing, Professional Services
What can you expect in a career with Capgemini?
- · When you start, you will receive up to nine weeks of New Hire Orientation, professional training, and
relevant technology education to help you launch your consulting career. Your training may consist of
both local and global travel.
- · Once you join us, you will be aligned with a service line prior to your start date based on our service line
needs, recommendations from your interviewers and any preference you expressed during the interview
- · Working in a team environment, Staff Consultant’s will focus on the analysis, design and development of
technology-based solutions for Capgemini’s clients.
- · You will work alongside technical, functional and industry specialists to assist with the development,
implementation and integration of innovative system solutions including methods, techniques and tools.
- · You will contribute to client satisfaction by providing timely and responsive value added services and work
- · Capgemini provides a collaborative environment that embodies and holds the following stated values
close to heart: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun.
- · Capgemini offers a competitive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, group life, short and longterm
disability, group automobile, homeowners, and legal plan insurance. Additionally, we offer
competitive salaries and a compelling profit sharing/401K plan.
- · Located in over 36 countries, Capgemini has the ability to provide our consultants with international and
domestic consulting opportunities.
- · We are currently recruiting for positions located in our North America offices in the following cities:
Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles (Burbank), Dallas, New York, and Toronto.
What can Capgemini do for you?
- · Capgemini focuses on giving each new hire a unique experience through our recruitment process and onboarding
program, as well as by helping you to build your own career and professional skills foundation.
- · Capgemini cultivates an atmosphere for development that enables you to be hands-on, planning for your
growth, both horizontally and vertically.
- · Capgemini provides you the freedom to define your own success, enabling you to establish and update
your own individual success equations and supporting you in reaching your personal and professional
Who are we looking for?
Our consulting teams work with companies to quickly solve mission-critical problems by identifying, designing,
and implementing technology enabled solutions to improve their strategies and operations. The ideal Capgemini
consultant possesses the following qualities:
- · Interest in working with technology to create various solutions and advancements
- · Excellent communication skills
- · Ability and desire to continually learn new things in a changing environment
- · Analytical and problem solving way of thought
- · Desire to work in a culturally diverse, team-based environment
- · Overall resilient, flexible, and enthusiastic personality
Candidates should additionally possess:
- · A Bachelors degree
- · A minimum GPA of 3.3
- · A willingness to travel and flexibility to relocate; Staff Consultants can be expected to travel up to 100% of
the time (Mon-Fri) on a weekly basis, to areas across the United State and Canada, with potential for
- · Authorized to work for Capgemini in the US
We are seeking candidates who have demonstrated exceptional performance in these and other related
- · Technology: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems
- · Business: Mathematics, Statistics
- · Engineering: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, Industrial
Successful candidates will have experiences in one or more of the following areas:
Database (Oracle), Responsive Web Design, ETL, PL/SQL, Hadoop
- · Functional Skills: System Analysis, Project Management, Testing
Is Capgemini right for you?
Review the questions below to decide if Capgemini is right for you:
- · Do you possess a desire to work in a technology focused environment with a multitude of well known
- · Do you possess excellent communication skills and the courage and motivation to become a future leader
- · Are you flexible, possessing the desire to travel and continuously learn new things in various
- · Are you a creative team player who would be interested in working with talented people from all over the
If you have answered “Yes” to the questions above, we encourage you to apply online via your University’s
Career Center Website.
Please share these job and internship opportunities with your students. Thank you,
Applied Materials, Inc. (Santa Clara CA)
College Intern – (00) – MFG Quality IQC/FAI (1403189)
Posting Link: https://internbound.com/internship/14103/
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA)
National Ignition Facility (NIF) & Photon Science Student Intern 
Posting Link: https://internbound.com/internship/14134/
Materials Science Student or Recent Grad Intern 
Posting Link: https://internbound.com/internship/14133/
Nuclear and Chemical Sciences Division Summer Student Intern 
sting Link: https://internbound.com/internship/14135/
Physics Summer Student Intern 
Posting Link: https://internbound.com/internship/14136/
Global Security Student Intern 
Posting Link: https://internbound.com/internship/14140/
Engineering Student Intern 
Posting Link: https://internbound.com/internship/14139/
Office of Science Interns 
Posting Link: https://internbound.com/internship/14138/
Atmospheric, Earth and Energy Summer Student Intern 
Posting Link: https://internbound.com/internship/14137/
Monterey Bay Aquarium (Monterey, CA)
Tuna Research and Conservation Center (TRCC) Intern 
Posting Link: https://internbound.com/internship/14150/
Sea Otter Research and Conservation – Animal Care Intern 
Posting Link: https://internbound.com/internship/14151/
Seafood Watch Business Outreach Intern 
Posting Link: https://internbound.com/internship/14152/
Evelyn Castillo Ramos
Career Information and Retention Consultant
SJSU Career Center, Administration Bldg. 154 / 255
Tutoring Opportunity for Students
My name is Ariana and I’m the Hiring Manager for a company called Frog Tutoring. Like it says on the tin, we are a tutoring company and we are starting to see a significant boom in clientele in SJSU. Unfortunately, we don’t quite have the numbers to meet the demand, especially in Math. Could you help us out? Do you have any students who could possibly work with us? We hire both undergrad and grad alike, so it really doesn’t matter – as long as they’re passionate and knowledgeable about the subject. I’ve included a job description and a benefits overview below. Would you mind forwarding this to anyone who might be interested? If you need more information, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My information is listed below. Thank you!
All Frog Tutoring tutors will meet with assigned students to provide one-on-one private tutoring for subject matters in their areas of expertise. Tutors are to serve as a guide and coach to assist their students to become a successful, independent learner while integrating effective study and learning strategies to maximize the student’s potential for academic progress. Ultimately, it is the tutor’s responsibility to motivate students to want to learn, achieve, and be self-motivated.
Why Work For Frog Tutoring?
1. Tutors will choose which grade levels and subjects to tutor.
2. Tutors will create their own work schedule.
3. As long as tutors work the minimum amount of hours a week, they can work as many hours as they like.
ii. Driving Compensation Depending on the distance, tutors will be compensated for driving over a certain mileage.
iii. Bonuses Tutors who constantly receive high tutor rankings will be eligible for periodic bonuses.
iv. Incentives & Acknowledgement (Hard work does not go unnoticed!!!)
1. Tutor of the month: Every month the Regional Coordinator from each region will submit one tutor to be selected as the tutor of the month. This tutor will have their name and photo posted on the corporate page of the website as well as our facebook page. Not only will they receive public acknowledgement and a certificate, the tutor of the month will receive “special prize” which will vary each month.
2. Tutor Referral Program during our “busy” season
a. During times when there is a high need for tutors, current tutors will receive a bonus for every person referred and hired that are qualified to tutor in high demand subjects.
If this position interests you, please apply online at:
Typically we ask that you upload an unofficial transcript with your application. While these are vastly preferable, if they are simply too difficult to access, then a resume will suffice in it’s place.
Hiring Manager at FrogTutoring, LLC
Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics
University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)