“With so much wonderful work going on at SJSU, it is nice to be a featured scholar,” said Schutten as she was honored to be selected.
Schutten said ScholarWorks “was a way to provide information on my work that led to requests to submit similar work to publications.” Other benefits included the monthly download report. This report helped identify areas in Schutten’s research portfolio that informed decisions about future research topics.
ScholarWorks provides access to scholarly work created at SJSU. The repository aims to increase global visibility of SJSU’s intellectual output. Schutten highly recommends using this service.
Benefits of ScholarWorks:
- ScholarWorks provides a permanent, interactive, on-line CV for you to share with colleagues and the wider world. CASA faculty members Anthony Bernier (School of Information), Kasuen Mauldin (Nutrition, Food Science & Packaging) and Miranda Worthen (Health Science and Recreation) are great examples of how to use this online repository tool. You can also browse by school or department using the CASA collection.
- All permissions for posting PDF files and links are taken care by ScholarWorks.
- Full text of all works in the associated Digital Commons repository are optimized for Google & Google Scholar searching.
- Authors receive a confidential monthly download report showing total downloads for the last 30 days and cumulatively for all works in the depository.
- Facilitates networking and sharing of scholarly work – anyone can subscribe to receive updates from a scholar regarding announcements of recent work, or receive automatically generated emails anytime new work is added to a profile.
- Publish working papers.
- Download counts algorithm for accurate download statistics
- Research announcement tool allows scholars to maximize their work.
- It is extremely easy to use.Email a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.