Dr. Hector and Catalina Garcia Graduate Endowed Scholarship 2023-2024 Recipient

Vanessa Segura-Casillas is the 2023-2024 Dr. Hector and Catalina Garcia Graduate Endowed Scholarship recipient. Congratulations!! Read why she is honored to receive this scholarship.

Vanessa Segura-Casillas | ’24 M.A., Counseling & Guidance

Vanessa smiling,

“It’s an honor to be a recipient of this scholarship and to be recognized for my love and commitment to serving my community. I will continue to positively impact Hispanic and underserved communities by supporting students in their academic journeys. As a future school counselor, I strive to empower Hispanic youth in following their aspirations and pursuing higher education despite their obstacles. Choosing to pursue my M.A. in Counseling & Guidance at SJSU has been a wonderful experience. The knowledge I have gained and the connections I’ve made are immeasurable. Having opportunities like these to apply to scholarships that recognize the hard work and dedication of SJSU students is how we can get closer to bridging the equity gap in higher education.”

One thought on “Dr. Hector and Catalina Garcia Graduate Endowed Scholarship 2023-2024 Recipient

1. Vanessa is a standout in the Counseling & Guidance program! You can see her dedication to build bridges by the connections she makes among her peers in the program. We all benefit from the light Vanessa shines!