HFTP Student Chapter of the Year

The national chapter of the Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP) has selected SJSU’s HFTP Student Chapter as the Student Chapter of the Year Award winner for two years in a row! Two student chapter officers, Jaewan Son and Cicily Tang, attended the award ceremony at the HFTP Annual Convention, Oct. 24-26, 2018, Louisville, Kentucky. The following photo was taken at the award ceremony this year.

Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management student, Jaewan Son (far right) said, “I was very excited to hear that our student chapter won the award again, two years in a row! After joining this HFTP student chapter, I have been able to gain so much experience in the hospitality industry. This is the second convention I have attended this year, and I was able to experience what the real hospitality events are like. There are educational sessions held at the conventions, and I am able to learn about problems in real life that we aren’t taught in class. Apart from the educational sessions, it was a great place for me to network and meet many people in the Hospitality Industry. It was an unforgettable experience.”

SJSU’s HFTP Student Chapter was established in 2012 with Dr. Yinghua (Michelle) Huang as the faculty advisor. Congratulations to the HFTP Student Chapter!