The LLDSA is pleased to announce the 2014 Linguistics & TESOL Symposium at San José State University, and opens a call for abstracts. This year we welcome presenters from all academic institutions, participation is not restricted to SJSU students. This event will be free and open to the public.
Date: Sept 26th(Fri)
Time: 12:00 noon to 4:00pm
Location: Room 225, MLK Library
Info for presenters
- Subjects: Original research in Linguistics & TESOL.
- Talk length: 20 min. (15 to present, 5 for q&a)
- Abstracts are welcome from all students. A special invitation is made to grads, undergrads, and alumni of SJSU.
- Criteria for selection: Relevance of research, quality of presentation, and balance of topics.
- Please email a detailed abstract of your talk, along with your contact information, to email@example.com. Abstract submission deadline: Sep 7th (sun) at midnight.
Please include the following info:
- Your name
- Email address & phone number
- Your academic status (grad, undergrad, alumnus)
- Your focus (LING, TESOL)
- 1-3 sentence synopsis of your talk (for the webpage)
- Your abstract (up to 1 page, word or PDF format)
NOTE! The LLDSA will unfortunately not be covering travel costs for presenters this year, and as such it is to be considered a “local” event. If you need financial support in order to participate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request limited scholarship funding. Thank you for your understanding.