It’s almost here: Symphony Silicon Valley’s 2012 free outdoor summer music festival. Sponsored by Target, Applied Materials, City of San Jose and KCBS Radio, the symphony’s fifth annual Target Summer Pops festival brings free professional orchestral music to the community in delightful fully produced lawn concerts on the green at San Jose State University July 28 through Aug. 5. The festival has quickly become a beloved family tradition, with last year’s festival drawing over 16,000 people and giving out 192 gallons of free ice cream! It’s this simple:
- Enter at South Fourth and San Carlos streets.
- There is plentiful parking available nearby.
- Bring a picnic lunch or supper and your beach chair.
- Relax on the lawn well away from the din of traffic.
- Enjoy the music of summer!
- NEW! Ride your bike to the festival. Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition will provide FREE valet bike parking 90 minutes before each concert until 30 minutes after the concert!