In the Heart of Silicon Valley
250 areas of study
8,900 graduates annually
The founding campus of the 23-campus California State University system, San José State provides a comprehensive university education, granting bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in 250 areas of study – offered through its nine colleges.
With more than 36,000 students and nearly 4,000 employees, San Jose State continues to be an essential partner in the economic, cultural and social development of Silicon Valley and the state, annually contributing $4.1 billion in economic impact to California’s economy.
The university is immensely proud of the accomplishments of its nearly 300,000 alumni, many of whom live and work in the Bay Area.
- New U.S. News Rankings Place SJSU at Top of Many in the West September 14, 2021
- Advancing Quality and Student Success at SJSU September 10, 2021
- Two Must-See Speaker Series at SJSU This Fall September 2, 2021
- NSF Grant to Accelerate Wildfire Research at SJSU September 1, 2021
- SJSU Launches New Combined Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees August 24, 2021