In the Heart of Silicon Valley
250 areas of study
8,900 graduates annually
The founding campus of the 23-campus California State University system, San José State provides a comprehensive university education, granting bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in 250 areas of study – offered through its nine colleges.
With more than 36,000 students and nearly 4,000 employees, San Jose State continues to be an essential partner in the economic, cultural and social development of Silicon Valley and the state, annually contributing $4.1 billion in economic impact to California’s economy.
The university is immensely proud of the accomplishments of its nearly 300,000 alumni, many of whom live and work in the Bay Area.
- How a ‘Lucky Accident’ Contributed to Nobel Prize-Winning Research December 1, 2021
- San José State Hosts First In-Person Commencement Ceremonies Since 2019 November 30, 2021
- Stephen Perez Selected as Interim President of SJSU November 22, 2021
- SJSU Receives STARS Gold Rating for Sustainability Achievements November 8, 2021
- San José State Opens Doors to New SJSU Cares Office November 6, 2021
- SJSU Launches Share Your Spartan Heart Campaign November 5, 2021
- San José State Named An Inaugural Fulbright HSI Leader October 27, 2021