SJSU’s Science Education Program offers a top notch science preparation program that has been approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. We work with the SJSU Secondary Education Program to help you specialize your teaching science.
– A Methods course that prepares you to teach science in accordance with the Next Generation Science standards.
– A Yearlong placement option for your student teaching experience
– We prepare you for the Performance Assessment for California Teachers (PACT)
– Faculty with educational research expertise will share you the latest research to guide your teaching practice and help you become an effective science teacher
– You can count up to 12 units of you credential work toward our Masters of Arts degree.
To learn more, visit http://serc.sjsu.edu