The Returning Resident Process and Application is now open. Residents who want to live in Housing for 2020-2021 MUST complete the application and pay the $600 initial payment by Thursday, March 12th at 5 PM. If you or residents have questions, please direct all questions to the Housing Office either in person, or email email@example.com, or call at 408-795-5600.
This is a remind that if you are wanting to nominate someone for OA of the month, please fill out the nomination from. Please submit a separate from for each nominee.
OA of the month nominations are due by the 20th of each month.
As a reminder OA nominations are to recognize our amazing OA staff who provide extraordinary service to the Res Life Community exceeding the expectations of the OA position (i.e. providing assistant to a resident or guest above the exception, going out of their way to assist their co-workers and the FDT, etc.) Anyone (pro staff, FDT, faculty-in-Residence & students) may nominate an OA member for this recognition. Nominees must have completed one month employment at San Jose State University. Award recipients will be announced at the beginning of each month the prior moth and will be displayed in our OA Google Website. Past recipients can receive this award once per semester. There is no limit on the number of individuals you may nominate. Please submit a separate from for each nominee.
- Fill out every cell for each equipment log
- When an item is returned check it out right away
- Remember to log in and log out if you’re using our desktops. We use Google Edit History when conducting audits. If you don’t log out of your account and someone makes a mistake on your behalf, YOU will be held accountable.
LATE TO SHIFT/ NO SHOW POLICY:
- 5 minutes late = tardy
- 3 tardies = No Show
- 15 or more minutes late without communication to covering OA = No Show
- 1 No Show = Written Warning from RLC (may include follow-up meeting)
- 2 No Shows = OA may be terminated, this means loss of OA position
- As stated earlier, the desks are not intended to close (24/7 coverage). Failure to make scheduled shifts (especially with no communication) will not be tolerated
For questions regarding this policy, please review the UHS Front Desk Manual.