During the first few weeks of instruction, traffic is unusually heavy and finding parking is difficult! Please plan accordingly and consider using the SJSU Park & Ride Lot (see below) or your VTA EcoPass for public transportation.
Throughout the semester, the parking garages usually fill to capacity prior to 9:00 a.m. and remain full past noon. After 8:30 a.m., it is recommended that you go to the Park & Ride Lot. For real-time parking capacity in garages, please go to the ParkStash App.
There Is No Grace Period for Parking
A valid virtual or physical parking permit is required at all times, including the first day of classes. Parking rules are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Possession of a permit does not guarantee a space in the main campus garages. There is NO free parking on Campus.
Use SJSU Park & Ride Lot!
- Location: The “SJSU Park & Ride Lot” is located eight blocks south of the main campus on S. 7th Street at E. Humboldt Street across from Spartan Stadium.
- Shuttle: Free, frequent shuttle service is provided to/from the main campus Monday through Thursday, 6:30 a.m. to 10:20 p.m. during Fall & Spring Semesters only. The shuttle provides all-day service to Duncan Hall. There is NO Fri/Sat/Sun service.
- For Park & Ride Virtual Semester Permit information, please visit our webpage at http://www.sjsu.edu/parking/permits/park_n_ride/
- To access real time shuttle location, please go to DoubleMap App
Buy Parking Permits or Pay Citations Online!
Go to www.sjsu.edu/parking to conveniently purchase your virtual parking permit or pay citations. All virtual semester and academic year permits are available online.
- No Additional Fees
- No Lines – No Waiting
Hourly and Daily Permits
Hourly and daily virtual permit can be purchased via ParkMobile App or via new Digital pay stations, available within parking facilities.
- Coins, $1/$5/$10 bills, Visa & MasterCard accepted at pay stations
- Pay station takes exact change only
- Permits purchased via pay stations within garages and via ParkMobile main campus zones are valid only in General Parking in all garages.
For more information or to review the Parking Rules and Regulations, visit our website: www.sjsu.edu/parking or call (408) 924-6556.
UPD Officers provide traffic control during the beginning of each semester. It is important for the safety of everyone that you follow their directions!
ANNUAL SAFETY, SECURITY AND FIRE REPORT