Soon to be at your service: a new student health center, an expanded Student Union and an updated SPX (Christina Olivas photo).
1. You’re in good company. This fall, we’re expecting 31,300 enrolled students, including 3,700 first-time freshmen, 3,700 new transfers, 2,000 new graduate students and 2,000 new and returning international students.
2. Our faculty members are the finest, including 26 new tenure-track instructors across the disciplines, from design to psychology to cybersecurity.
3. We’re building 21st century spaces. Phase 1 of the Student Union is near completion. Mojo Burger anyone? Coming soon: A new Student Health and Counseling Center and an updated Spartan Complex.
4. We power Silicon Valley. Check out these Spartans at Work and visit the SJSU Career Center to start your job search.
5. We are making it easier to get classes when you need them, offering online courses for credit from other CSU campuses.
6. We’re helping and caring. Need a hand? Just ask students, faculty and staff wearing an “Ask Me” button.
7. With more than 400 clubs, we offer something for everyone. Learn more at Fall Welcome Days, including the Student Organization Fair Aug. 28 on Tower Lawn.
8. We’re going green. Check out the EcoPass, bike share and car share programs.
9. We can dance!
10. We’re connected on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest, plus we offer safety updates via text messages through Alert SJSU.