Campus Closed for Winter Break
All San José State offices, including the ISS Help Desk, will be closed beginning Tuesday, December 24 in observance of the winter holidays. Regular business hours will resume on Thursday, January 2.
Future Students (Applicants for Admission)
If you need help while the campus is closed:
(1) Get Your SJSU ID
About a week after you submit your application for admission, you will be sent an email with your 9-digit SJSU ID number. Be sure to check your email junk/bulk mail folders for a message from SJSU. If it has been more than one week since you applied and you have received an email instructing you to check your MySJSU account for messages, but you still have not received your SJSU ID, please contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com and include:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Postal address on file with SJSU (include city, state and zip)
- Email address on file with SJSU
Note: If you do not remember the mailing address or email address we would have on file, please send the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
(2) Activate Your Account & Get Password
- Go to MySJSU and click the Create/Reset Password button on the right-hand side of the page
- Enter all 9 digits of your SJSU ID in the field provided, and click Continue
- You will be given two options:
- Option 1: Enter your birth date and the last 4 digits of your SSN, and then click Continue. Proceed to follow the prompts
- Option 2: Click Continue. A password reset link will be sent to the preferred email address you have on file. Click the reset link in the email you receive. This will take you to the SJSUOne Password Reset page. Proceed to enter your SJSU ID and a new password of your choosing. (See the requirements below.) Click Continue and follow the prompts
Password requirements: Your password must be at least 8 characters long, must include both upper and lower-case letters, and at least 1 number (Example: SJSUfun9). If your password is longer than 16 characters, there are no restrictions.
(3) Log into MySJSU
- Go to MySJSU and click the MySJSU Sign In button
- Enter your SJSU ID and password, and then click Sign In
- Once you are signed into your MySJSU Student Center, you you can check your application status, your to-do list, and read any messages from SJSU
- For self-help tutorials on how to use MySJSU, go to Tutorials for Students
(4) Get Answers to your Admissions Questions
Go to Fall ’14 FAQs during the Holiday break for answers to common questions we receive from undergraduate and graduate applicants regarding admissions, test scores, deadlines, etc.
(5) Get More Help
- If you cannot change your password or have difficulty signing in after changing it, please clear your computer’s cache and cookies by following the instructions at Cache & Cookies
- For further information on SJSUOne, visit SJSUOne Frequently Asked Questions
- If you need additional help, send an email to the ISS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Keep in mind that we are closed and will not be able to respond to your email until after we re-open in January