Please do not reply to any requests asking for your email password or other credentials. These types of emails are referred to as phishing — attempts to collect your authentication credentials and take advantage of your accounts for illegal purposes. Email phishing messages are sent regularly to many SJSU students, faculty and staff.
The CMS Help Desk will often ask for your User ID, but will never ask for your password. Any message that asks for your MySJSU password is a hoax.
To protect yourself:
- If you have replied to any of these emails with your email password, please log back into your email account and change your password as soon as possible to prevent your email address from being used to compromise other peoples’ accounts
- If you have replied to any of these emails with your MySJSU password, please log back into your MySJSU account and change your password as soon as possible
- To ensure that SJSU messages are delivered to your inbox (not your SPAM or Bulk folders), please add @sjsu.edu to your filter options
- Contact your email provider for detailed instructions on how to set your mail filters
- Please check your SPAM and Bulk folders frequently for messages from SJSU