Cal-SOAP, the California Student Opportunity & Access Program, is currently hiring College Success Advisors in San José, California. The role will involve providing in-person support to help prepare students for college and careers. The successful candidate will need to be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in 12 units or more and have a GPA of 2.5 or higher. They must also qualify for financial aid and be able to communicate effectively in Spanish or Vietnamese.
- Full-time undergraduate student enrolled in 12 units or more
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must qualify for financial aid
- Ability to speak/write in Spanish or Vietnamese is greatly desired
- Strong computer skills: proficient in MS Office Suite, Google Suite, and Social Media, and ability to learn and implement new technology
- Possess academic advising experience or involvement with college access programs
Students who possess strong communication skills, the ability to plan short-term and long-term projects, and the ability to work independently are encouraged to apply! The successful candidate will be expected to mentor and motivate high school students in East Side San José to succeed academically and help them explore, plan, and prepare for college/university and career pathways. The position pays $17.00 per hour, with 10-19.75 hours per week, and work hours are flexible.
The Educational Partnership Center (EPC) of the University of California, Santa Cruz aims to increase the number of first-generation college/university graduates in San José. For more information on EPC, please visit epc.ucsc.edu