Our innovative SAGE in Teacher Education programs create opportunities for SJSU undergraduate students to enroll in Credential and Masters programs while simultaneously completing their final three semesters of their undergraduate degrees. These programs offer SAGE scholars a combined pathway of theory, practice, and K-12 subject matter. The programs integrate these three legs of teaching early and often, and give scholars ample time to assimilate the linkages prior to when they are required to demonstrate understanding and skills through student teaching.
Benefits of Enrolling in a SAGE Program
- Reduced economic barriers to entering into a graduate program
- No application fee for graduate program
- Fewer total units in combined SAGE program than completing each program separately
- Shorter timeline to earning credential and master’s degree
- Enhanced professional development
SAGE Programs Accepting Applications in Fall 2021 for a Spring 2022 Start
- Liberal Studies BA + Multiple Subject Credential + Masters of Arts in Teaching
- Liberal Studies BA + Education Specialist Credential + Masters of Arts in Special Education (mild to moderate and extensive support);
- African American Studies BA + US History Minor + Single Subject Credential + Masters of Arts in Teaching;
- Art BA + Single Subject Credential + Masters of Arts in Teaching;
- Kinesiology BS + Single Subject Credential + Masters of Arts in Teaching; and
- Social Science BA + Single Subject Credential + Masters of Arts in Teaching.
Attend an Upcoming Info Session
Learn more about these programs, including eligibility, requirements, and admissions processes, on the SJSU Catalog’s SAGE webpage and register to attend a summer SAGE Information Session on Monday, July 26, at 9am or Wednesday August 4, at 4pm. More info sessions will be available in Fall.