Emancipatory Education Now is a new student-led initiative at the SJSU Lurie College of Education that examines what emancipatory education – the critical evaluation of the systems and structures of oppression that maintain the status quo in our educational institutions – looks like in today’s society and advocates for the expansion of emancipatory education research, policies, and practices.
Join us for the live discussion on Friday, February 12, at 5:30pm on the Lurie College YouTube channel – bit.ly/lurie-youtube – to learn from the student co-hosts and get a preview of some of their upcoming dialogues!
- Abby Almerido – Educational Leadership
- Aminah Sheikh – Communicative Disorders & Sciences
- Ana Isabel Hahs – Teacher Education
- Vaishnavi Sunkari – Child & Adolescent Development, Public Health
- Victor Calvillo Chavez – Counselor Education