Student Spotlight: Vernon Win

Vernon Win

Vernon is one of the other IT student assistants and you may see him running around the CPGE building helping everyone so make sure to say hi! (featuring his cute cats) 

Major: BA Mechanical Engineering

Hometown: Yangon, Myanmar

What is your dream job?

My dream job has always been to research or do meaningful work in the automotive industry; mainly focused on electric vehicles.

What types of activities are you involved in at SJSU or in the community?

I have recently joined two different engineering honor societies, Tau Beta Pi and Pi Tau Sigma. I often attend several activities hosted by them. I have also participated in intramural competitions such as basketball at the SRAC.

What is something that you want others to know about your hometown, home country or culture?

Myanmar is in a state of turmoil and I hope the community can shed some light and exposure to what is happening there right now.

What do you enjoy most about SJSU?

At SJSU, I have enjoyed the community and diversity of people that have welcomed me and made it feel like home. I did not expect to make a lot of friends.

Where is your favorite spot on our campus and why?

My favorite spot on the campus would be the SRAC since it has two facilities I enjoy utilizing; a pool and basketball courts.

What do you wish you would have known sooner about life in the U.S. or being at SJSU?

I wish I was aware about the alarming rate of crime in downtown San Jose.

What message do you have for our Global Spartan community?

It is an honor to be part of the Global Spartan community and being among a community of hardworking students motivate me to excel in my educational journey.