Be technology ready this semester with a quick SJSU IT start-of-semester checklist. Here’s some things to double-check after the first week of Fall:
- Open up all the applications you use frequently and install any updates that might be waiting. Having mismatched or outdated versions of software can create technical and security problems. It’s better to do it now than in the middle of class.
- Visit the one.sjsu.edu app portal and explore many of the applications and services available to you as an SJSU student, such as MySJSU, MyGPS, Add/Drop Courses, and more.
- Consider using an SJSU Zoom background for hybrid or remote courses.
- Need technology equipment to achieve academic success? The SJSU IT Equipment Loaning Service has laptops, webcams, mics, mobile hotspots, major-specific gear, and more. Check our inventory at http://sjsu.edu/equipmentcheckout.
- SJSU offers essential software at no cost for students. Take a minute to download something you need or something that just looks interesting. There are LinkedIn Learning courses available to get you familiar with new software.
For this tip, I want to thank all of the student staff at the SJSU IT Service Desk for this tip and for supporting our university every day. As always, the Service Desk is here to help by phone at (408) 924-1530 or online.
Vice President for Information Technology
and CIO at San José State University