Working hybrid and need to access your office phone? Here’s a couple remote work tips: you can forward your office calls to another number and access your voicemail from anywhere, anytime.
To forward calls from your office to another phone number:
- Press the Forward All softkey.
- Enter the number to which you want to forward your calls. Be sure to prepend the 10-digit phone number with a “71” (e.g., 714089241000).
- The Forward All icon will display on your phone screen indicating that call forwarding is active.
- To cancel call forwarding, press the Forward Off softkey on your phone’s touchscreen
To check your voicemail remotely:
- Dial 408-924-6800 and press * when the greeting begins to play.
- Enter your 5-digit extension (e.g., 41000) followed by #.
- Enter your voicemail PIN followed by #.
NOTE: If this is your first time accessing your voicemail, you’ll need to complete the voicemail setup process, including creating a new voicemail PIN.
Thank you Aaron Langford, one of our Network Analysts, for helping maintain our phone system and providing this tip to campus. As always, the SJSU IT Service Desk is here to help by phone at (408) 924-1530 or online.
Vice President for Information Technology
and CIO at San Jose State University