Take a couple minutes and check out these helpful tips for using Google Workspace (Drive, Chat, Calendar, Sheets, and more). Here’s a quick breakdown of some new features you can try out:
- Invite users without Google Accounts to create files in your Shared Drives. This builds on your ability to share and edit with outside partners or folks from other universities. Learn more.
- “Interactive Timeline View” visualizes data in Google Sheets, a great fit for task management and project management data. Learn more.
- Expiring access controls in Google Drive allow you to set expiration dates on your shares, only giving access for a defined period of time. Learn more.
- “Time Insights” analyzes your calendar activity and shows you how you’ve spent your scheduled time. This feature highlights things like how many 1:1 meetings you schedule, how many regular (3+ guests) meetings you schedule, your total meeting time per week, and even what your remaining non-meeting time looks like. Learn more.
- “Manage Approvals” is great for departments that need to produce collaborative documents and communications, helping you review and approve documents before they’re released. Learn more.
- “Conversation Summaries” collapses big Google Chats to be more organized. Learn more.
Thanks Andy Trembley, our Cloud Systems Analyst and Google Administrator, for providing these tips. And as always, the SJSU IT Service Desk is here to help by phone at (408) 924-1530 or online.
Vice President for Information Technology
and CIO at San Jose State University