Advising Forms Explained: Health Science Major Forms

The department Major Forms are used for official course planning and submitted with graduation applications.  Students who are making changes to a declared academic plan with more than 90 units earned will also need to complete a major form for the desired major.  To use the fillable PDF form, please download and save the form to your device before inputting your information.

You want to complete this form according to courses completed on your transcripts – at SJSU and any transfer courses – and then project on courses that are still in the future.   You should not have blank spaces on this form.

Use the form that matches your declared major – either BS in HS with a minor or electives – or the concentration in Health Services Administration

If you have questions about completing this form, please see a peer or faculty advisor.

Advising Forms Explained: Health Science Advising Forms

HS Advising Forms are intended to be used by advisors and students to support academic planning. These forms are not official and do not represent department or university approval of course completion or progression.   The forms are fillable PDF’s, but you must first download and save the form to your device before your work can be adequately saved and retrieved.

Download the Advising Form the basic bachelor in Health Science here –

Download the Advising Form for the Health Services Administration Concentration here –

Using these forms is a helpful way of mapping your course progression.   Once you download the form, please read it and pay particular attention to pre and co-requisites, semester availability and unit expectations.

For additional information on course planning and course progression you may want to consult the program Roadmaps – available here –– the program curriculum in the catalog – available here –, and GE Course requirements – available here –


Here are some quick notes on how to use the advising forms that may help you get started.  If you have additional questions, this is a great place to start with a faculty or peer advisor.

BS in HS with a minor or UD Electives


BS in HS with Health Services Administration Concentration – in addition to all prior notes and course planning considerations.


Advising Forms: University Forms Available Online

University forms are typically available from three different sources depending on the form that is needed.  Here are the most commonly needed forms for undergraduate students.

The Registrar has the most frequently used forms, such as:  Graduation Application, Name Change, Excess Unit Petition, Open University Petition, and Substitution Forms.  Following is the link to access the registrar forms

Academic Advising and Retention Services (AARS) has forms for course drops and withdrawals and Change of Major/Minor Forms.  Here is the link to the AARS forms page –

Undergraduate Studies has forms for enrolling in SJSU Studies courses while still in LD standing and forms for returning students.  Here is the direct link to access the Undergraduate Studies forms

Advising Forms Explained: University Petition to Enroll in SJSU Studies While Still in LD Standing

Students who have earned less than 60 units are prevented from enrolling in all SJSU Studies Courses.   Click here for an explanation of SJSU Studies courses.   Students who are close to 60 units can petition to enroll in SJSU Studies (Area R, S, V and Z courses).

To use this form, download the petition, complete all fields, compile the required paperwork and submit the form to HS faculty advising for approval.  Once the form is approved by a department faculty advisor the form will be sent to Undergraduate Studies for final approval.  If approved, students can request an add code from an instructor on the first day of classes (if the course is not full) and then use the add code to register for the course.

Download the petition to enroll in SJSU studies while still in lower division standing here –


*Note* Students do not need to submit this form for Health Science Upper Division Courses – only upper division SJSU Studies courses require this form.   For questions about upper division courses in the major, see a department advisor.

Advising Forms Explained: University Graduation Date Change Form

The University Graduation Date Change form is required for students who do not complete the necessary requirements by the semester intended. This form will allow students to postpone graduation in order to complete all requirements.

The form must be submitted to a department advisor for approval and then submitted to the Bursar’s Office with a $10 fee before the registrar will be able to make any changes.

Students who have not completed all requirements by the semester of planning graduation will not be allowed to enroll in additional classes until the graduation date change form is submitted and approved by the University.

Download this form here –