Course Planning Workshops

Hope you guys are doing good as we’re beginning the wave of midterms this semester. As we pass the one third mark of the semester, students should start thinking about the courses they need to enroll in for the upcoming Spring 2019 semester. Do you need assistance with planning your courses? Join PHPA on one of the dates that we have planned! Hope to see you guys there.


Welcome to the the New Public Health Advising Blog

Hello Public Health Students! Beginning Spring 2017 this blog is replacing the prior undergraduate blog ( The old HS blog will remain available for historical purposes, however, ALL new information will be posted here. You can find information on academic and course planning, forms, dates and deadlines, department advising times, and more. Faculty advisors will use this page to share program information and advising support.

While the layout of this new space is different, the information will be just as useful. To help you navigate through the posts categories will be used and you can easily search categories for information that you need.

It is recommended that you bookmark this page and check back regularly. When the option to sign up for email updates becomes available we will let you know.

Advising Forms Explained: Health Science Minor Form

The Health Science Minor Form is required for students who are applying for graduation and declared in the HS Minor or for students who want to declare the HS minor and have already earned more than 90 units.

The form is a fillable PDF but should downloaded and saved to your personal device before inputting information.  The form is accessible for download here –

Advising Forms Explained: Health Science Major Forms

The department Major Forms are used for official course planning and submitted with graduation applications.  Students who are making changes to a declared academic plan with more than 90 units earned will also need to complete a major form for the desired major.  To use the fillable PDF form, please download and save the form to your device before inputting your information.

You want to complete this form according to courses completed on your transcripts – at SJSU and any transfer courses – and then project on courses that are still in the future.   You should not have blank spaces on this form.

Use the form that matches your declared major – either BS in HS with a minor or electives – or the concentration in Health Services Administration

If you have questions about completing this form, please see a peer or faculty advisor.