Please be advised that UPS is experiencing delays in delivering inbound shipments to SJSU. We are working with our UPS Account Manager to develop a solution, and we appreciate your patience while we do so.
Beginning immediately, if UPS has not arrived by 10:00 a.m., the route drivers will depart from Distribution Services to make the campus deliveries. This will ensure that time-critical shipments from other carriers are delivered without delay and that all on-campus routes are reached within the normal 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. delivery window. Any UPS shipments that arrive after 10:00 a.m. will be delivered between 1:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
If you have any issues with the timeliness of your deliveries or the pickup of your mail and packages, please contact the Distribution Services Manager, Sonja Bowsky, at 4-1592 or email@example.com.
We are happy to announce that UPS CampusShip charges will now be paid by University ProCard. Effective immediately, Distribution Services will end the practice of billing departments monthly for UPS mailings, which includes a 13% surcharge. Instead, all charges to UPS CampusShip accounts will be paid through the account holder’s ProCard.
This change is being implemented for a number of reasons:
- Saves campus departments money by eliminating the 13% surcharge applied to all Distribution Services billings.
- Provides more detailed information on mailing expenses – Approving Officials will see charges for each mailing rather than one lump sum.
- Helps streamline the payment process, eliminating inefficiencies.
FinanceConnect will send a separate message to UPS CampusShip account holders which will include instruction on:
- Setting up their account to bill to a ProCard
- Reconciling UPS CampusShip charges on their ProCard Reconciliation Report
- How to handle situations where the UPS CampusShip account holder does not have a ProCard
At this time, payment through University ProCard is only available for UPS CampusShip, not at UPS Stores or for FEDEX. If you are a FEDEX User and would like to establish a UPS CampusShip account, please contact Distribution Services at (408) 924-1590.