Effective April 5th, the Direct Payment procurement pathway includes additional allowable payment types and FTS has been updated and enhanced for your convenience. The changes include the following:
I. New Payment Types
- Government license/permit fee
- Guest Artist (under $1,000) *
- International recruiting fee (For CIES use only.)
- Master teacher agreement payments
- Public utility deposits (For FD&O use only.)
- Registration (When a check is required.)
- Student Finance refund (For Bursar’s/Financial Aid use only.)
* A Guest Artist provides service to SJSU at a non-hospitality related event, e.g., an activity associated to academics or instruction.
II. Update to Existing Payment Type
- Student Union/Event Center room and audio visual rentals and/or charges.
III. Clarification on Guest Speaker and Guest Artist
- Guest Speaker and Guest Artist services are allowed through the Direct Payment process when no agreement/contract is required and payment does not exceed $1,000; otherwise a Requisition is required.
IV. Description Dropdown List
- In FTS, the Direct Payment Voucher “Description” dropdown list has been revised to include Fees and Services, which when selected, an additional dropdown list will appear. All of the allowable fee and service types are now available to select.
Figure 1: Fees Description
Figure 2: Services Description
Products and services not specified as allowed via Direct Payment can be requested using other Procurement Pathways. Visit Procurement Pathways for complete guidelines.
Please contact Finance Support if you have any questions at email@example.com or 4-1558.