In partnership with Information Technology, we have made modifications to the Request for Finance System Access to better accommodate the needs of our customers. We hope these changes will improve the user experience, allow for more customized access for our employees, and assist our IT Division in providing timely and accurate access to our finance systems.
One of the noticeable changes is the move away from PowerForms and use of a standard DocuSign Template. The new form requires a few extra steps (detailed below) but provides users the benefit of tracking progress of their request in DocuSign.
Here is a summary of the changes to the Request for Finance System Access form:
- The request can be initiated by any SJSU employee, not just the employee requesting access.
- There are new positions available on the form and the “Other” category is still available.
- There is a new dropdown field for Division (and College/Unit, if applicable) that allow for conditional review and approval.
- Levels 1, 2, and 3 have been redesigned:
- Level 1 is create access only
- Level 2 includes create and approval access (referred to as create+)
- Level 3 is approval access only
- There are new default settings allowing more options for customizing the access request
- The requester will be able to track the form in DocuSign and monitor it through completion/implementation.
NEW LANDING PAGE:
NEW SUBMISSION PROCESS:
Here are the new steps for initiating a Request for Finance System Access Request:
- Follow the link on the Information Technology Security Forms page
- Click on the “Use” button
- Enter recipients:
- Manager Approval (MPP Only)
- Optional CC Recipient; delete this role if it’s not needed
- Click on the “Next” button
- Click on the “Send” button; please do not modify the template.
- The Requester will receive an email prompting action; they will be asked to provide employee information and identify the access level being requested.
- The Requester should click on “Finish” after they have completed the fields and uploaded the employee’s training summary.
- The following steps remain the same. The document will be routed to each of the listed recipients and will be implemented by CMS Security.