To Administrators and Analysts:
COVID-19 related travel restrictions from the President’s & Chancellor’s Office’s level now requires all essential travel be approved by the President.
The Payment Services team collaborated with the President’s Office and the Divisions to develop the process outlined below. This process includes a new Google form to facilitate Presidential approval and complements the existing Travel Authorization approval process in FTS.
This adapted process is as follows:
- Traveler or Department Admin/Analyst submits the Travel Authorization in FTS.
- The authorization will go through the normal approval process in FTS.
- Traveler notifies the Department Admin/Analyst of approved Travel Authorization (if applicable).
- The Department Admin/Analyst enters the traveler’s trip information in their Division’s Travel Form – Adapted Process for Presidential Approval:
Academic Affairs Travel Form
Admin & Finance Travel Form
Research and Innovation Travel Form
Office of Diversity Travel Form
University Advancement Travel Form
Student Affairs Travel Form
President’s Office Travel Form
IT Travel Form
- The submitted form will notify the Division Head of the Travel Authorization who then notifies the President’s Office for an approval.
- The President’s Office approves or denies the travel to the Division Head.
- The Division Head will inform the department of the decision.
If you have any questions, please contact the Jasmine Velazquez in Payment Services at email@example.com or 408-924-1674.
To personnel with Labor Cost Distribution (LCD) responsibilities, this is the monthly reminder to confirm your salary information by running your LCD Setup Audit.
Any changes to the distribution of funding for payroll expenses that you would like made for August 2020 payroll must be received by Finance Support no later than Thursday, August 20th at 5:00 p.m.
For temporary appointment funding changes, all requests can be emailed directly to Finance Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We cannot guarantee that requests for changes received after the deadline will be captured for the August payroll cycle.
- For faculty who are on release time, please review the Reimbursed Time Authorizations guidelines.
- Payroll expenditures for Fiscal Year 2020/21 will reflect regular/negative pay for the months of July 2020 through June 2021; positive pay salary expenditures (e.g. student salary and overtime) will represent the months of June 2020 through May 2021. Positive pay for Fiscal Year 2021/22 will reflect expenditures for the twelve month period of June 2021 through May 2022.
Please refer to Labor Cost Distribution for information regarding the LCD process and Temporary Appointment Funding Changes for instructions on completing the Employee Profile form. If you have any questions about LCD processing, please contact Finance Support at email@example.com or 4-1558.
In partnership with Information Technology, we have made modifications to the Request for Finance System Access to better accommodate the needs of our customers. We hope these changes will improve the user experience, allow for more customized access for our employees, and assist our IT Division in providing timely and accurate access to our finance systems.
One of the noticeable changes is the move away from PowerForms and use of a standard DocuSign Template. The new form requires a few extra steps (detailed below) but provides users the benefit of tracking progress of their request in DocuSign.
Here is a summary of the changes to the Request for Finance System Access form:
- The request can be initiated by any SJSU employee, not just the employee requesting access.
- There are new positions available on the form and the “Other” category is still available.
- There is a new dropdown field for Division (and College/Unit, if applicable) that allow for conditional review and approval.
- Levels 1, 2, and 3 have been redesigned:
- Level 1 is create access only
- Level 2 includes create and approval access (referred to as create+)
- Level 3 is approval access only
- There are new default settings allowing more options for customizing the access request
- The requester will be able to track the form in DocuSign and monitor it through completion/implementation.
NEW LANDING PAGE:
NEW SUBMISSION PROCESS:
Here are the new steps for initiating a Request for Finance System Access Request:
- Follow the link on the Information Technology Security Forms page
- Click on the “Use” button
- Enter recipients:
- Manager Approval (MPP Only)
- Optional CC Recipient; delete this role if it’s not needed
- Click on the “Next” button
- Click on the “Send” button; please do not modify the template.
- The Requester will receive an email prompting action; they will be asked to provide employee information and identify the access level being requested.
- The Requester should click on “Finish” after they have completed the fields and uploaded the employee’s training summary.
- The following steps remain the same. The document will be routed to each of the listed recipients and will be implemented by CMS Security.