Our Fall What’s Up presentation will be hosted through Zoom webinar.
Finance and Business Services What’s Up?
Date: Friday, October 30, 2020
Time: 9:30-11:00 AM
Agenda items include:
- FTS Enhancements
- Budget briefing
- Tower Card reissuing project
- Department deposits
- Supplier no $ value requisitions
- Accounting: New relationship with Tower
- New parking garage
- Leadership changes
- PRAs and Subpoenas
- Process for hosting gatherings
- Mailing and student kits
- General Q&A session
Registration is REQUIRED. To register, please visit:
We look forward to connecting with you!
To personnel with Labor Cost Distribution (LCD) responsibilities, this is the monthly reminder to confirm your salary information by running your LCD Setup Audit.
Any changes to the distribution of funding for payroll expenses that you would like made for October 2020 payroll must be received by Finance Support no later than Thursday, October 15th at 5:00 p.m.
For temporary appointment funding changes, all requests can be emailed directly to Finance Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We cannot guarantee that requests for changes received after the deadline will be captured for the October payroll cycle.
- For faculty who are on release time, please review the Reimbursed Time Authorizations guidelines.
- Payroll expenditures for Fiscal Year 2020/21 will reflect regular/negative pay for the months of July 2020 through June 2021; positive pay salary expenditures (e.g. student salary and overtime) will represent the months of June 2020 through May 2021. Positive pay for Fiscal Year 2021/22 will reflect expenditures for the twelve month period of June 2021 through May 2022.
Please refer to Labor Cost Distribution for information regarding the LCD process and Temporary Appointment Funding Changes for instructions on completing the Employee Profile form. If you have any questions about LCD processing, please contact Finance Support at email@example.com or 4-1558.
Beginning October 1, 2020, departments are now able to submit invoices and PO requests against Tower Foundation accounts through FTS. This new ability is temporary, through March 31, 2021. All approvals and supporting documentation and approvals must adhere to Tower Foundation guidelines. However, the transaction process will now follow SJSU’s normal procedures.
To meet FTS identification and documentation requirements, please see the instructions below.
- If requesting payment of an invoice, submit a Direct Payment request
- If requesting a purchase order, submit a Requisition
- If requesting a reimbursement for an SJSU employee, submit a Reimbursement request.
- If requesting payment of an invoice related to an EXISTING Tower PO submit via a direct payment, referencing the Tower PO# in addition TOWER TRANSACTION.
- The words TOWER TRANSACTION must be included in the Header Comments field of the FTS request.
- FUNDING: All transactions must use Fund 70000 and must identify the Project ID associated with the funding Tower Foundation Account, which will generate an automatic invoice to Tower Foundation.
- Supporting documentation to support the request must be uploaded to the FTS transaction.
Finance and Business Services and Tower Foundation will work together to verify availability of funds and update account balances each month.
For assistance and clarification on completing transactions in FTS, please contact FinanceConnect. For inquiries related to submitted transactions, please contact Sara Tipton in Payment Services.