To personnel with Labor Cost Distribution (LCD) responsibilities, this is the monthly reminder to confirm your salary information by running your LCD Setup Audit.
Any changes to the distribution of funding for payroll expenses that you would like made for August 2020 payroll must be received by Finance Support no later than Thursday, August 20th at 5:00 p.m.
For temporary appointment funding changes, all requests can be emailed directly to Finance Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We cannot guarantee that requests for changes received after the deadline will be captured for the August payroll cycle.
- For faculty who are on release time, please review the Reimbursed Time Authorizations guidelines.
- Payroll expenditures for Fiscal Year 2020/21 will reflect regular/negative pay for the months of July 2020 through June 2021; positive pay salary expenditures (e.g. student salary and overtime) will represent the months of June 2020 through May 2021. Positive pay for Fiscal Year 2021/22 will reflect expenditures for the twelve month period of June 2021 through May 2022.
Please refer to Labor Cost Distribution for information regarding the LCD process and Temporary Appointment Funding Changes for instructions on completing the Employee Profile form. If you have any questions about LCD processing, please contact Finance Support at email@example.com or 4-1558.
In partnership with Information Technology, we have made modifications to the Request for Finance System Access to better accommodate the needs of our customers. We hope these changes will improve the user experience, allow for more customized access for our employees, and assist our IT Division in providing timely and accurate access to our finance systems.
One of the noticeable changes is the move away from PowerForms and use of a standard DocuSign Template. The new form requires a few extra steps (detailed below) but provides users the benefit of tracking progress of their request in DocuSign.
Here is a summary of the changes to the Request for Finance System Access form:
- The request can be initiated by any SJSU employee, not just the employee requesting access.
- There are new positions available on the form and the “Other” category is still available.
- There is a new dropdown field for Division (and College/Unit, if applicable) that allow for conditional review and approval.
- Levels 1, 2, and 3 have been redesigned:
- Level 1 is create access only
- Level 2 includes create and approval access (referred to as create+)
- Level 3 is approval access only
- There are new default settings allowing more options for customizing the access request
- The requester will be able to track the form in DocuSign and monitor it through completion/implementation.
NEW LANDING PAGE:
NEW SUBMISSION PROCESS:
Here are the new steps for initiating a Request for Finance System Access Request:
- Follow the link on the Information Technology Security Forms page
- Click on the “Use” button
- Enter recipients:
- Manager Approval (MPP Only)
- Optional CC Recipient; delete this role if it’s not needed
- Click on the “Next” button
- Click on the “Send” button; please do not modify the template.
- The Requester will receive an email prompting action; they will be asked to provide employee information and identify the access level being requested.
- The Requester should click on “Finish” after they have completed the fields and uploaded the employee’s training summary.
- The following steps remain the same. The document will be routed to each of the listed recipients and will be implemented by CMS Security.
To employees responsible for budget and financial management functions, fiscal year 2019-2020 is now closed in CFS (Common Financial System). The Finance Data Warehouse may be utilized to report on the full year of 2019-20 fiscal activity. All future transactions and budget transfers should be directed to the open fiscal year, 2020-21.
The following processes will be completed by July Month End Close:
Budget will be allocated to support the encumbrances that were outstanding on June 30, 2020 in funds 70000 (CSU Operating) and SSETF funds (70018, 70019, and 70020). Office of Budget Planning & Financial Management will consult with division budget officers in the event that encumbrance balances exceed departments’ available year end balance.
As a reminder, Fund 70000 (CSU Operating) salary budgets will be reverted to the Centralized Compensation Pool, which allocates budgets based on monthly payroll after the monthly Labor Cost Distribution process completes, similar to the monthly benefits budget allocation
Please contact your Office of Budget Planning & Financial Management team member should you have any questions. Thank you to everyone who contributed to a successful closing of 2019-20!