We have one more week until our FinanceConnect Encumbrance Management Workshop. Please join us on 3/17/23 at 2:30pm to learn all about the lifecycle of a PO. We’ll review tools available in CFS and the Finance Data Warehouse that aid in managing PO encumbrances, concluding with some hands-on review and open Q&A. No registration is needed, just log in and join us via Zoom!
Your Strategic Sourcing team has a few friendly reminders to help you have a successful Fiscal Year End!
As we have just past mid-year, our recommendation is to review your current open Purchase Orders (PO) to verify a few things:
- Did you receive the items you ordered? If not, please let our team know.
- Do you still require the POs showing on your open encumbrances? If not, please submit a Change Order to close POs that are no longer needed by your department.
- Have you paid all invoices applicable to your open POs? If so, please submit a Change Order to close.
- If you have the final invoice for your PO, please make a note on the invoice or payment approval to notify our Payment Services team. We can close the PO once the payment has been made.
The Finance Support team will be hosting an Encumbrance Management Workshop soon! Join us at 2:30pm Friday, March 17, 2023 to learn all about the lifecycle of a PO. We’ll review tools available in CFS and the Finance Data Warehouse that aid in managing PO encumbrances, concluding with some hands-on review and open Q&A.
Please share this message with any staff or faculty you feel should be notified. Feel free to reach out to our Strategic Sourcing team for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you all a great rest of the month!
Your Strategic Sourcing Team has solutions for you.
Do you not have a Procard? Does the vendor only take credit cards? Do you need to make a transaction that is not allowed on ProCard? We can help. Payment Services has created a new supplier ID option. The new option is:
Supplier ID# 0000046418 – Supplier CREDIT CARD ONLY
This option can be used for any of the following situations:
- Supplier only allows payment by credit card and you/your department do not have a ProCard.
- Credit Card payment required for purchase, but not allowable on department ProCard due to ProCard restrictions.
- Your Procard has reached its limits and a new purchase is needed utilizing a Contracts and Procurement ProCard.
- Your purchase is over the established ProCard limits and is a credit card only purchase.
- Subscription of online services with TRIA approval which is required by the vendor to be paid with a credit card.
- Website services for renewal without authorization.
- A Strategic Sourcing Team member has instructed you to submit a request via this method.
Q: When not to utilize this option?
A: When the ProCard Guidelines indicate the purchase is allowable and within your ProCard limits.
Using the Supplier ID# 0000046418 – Supplier CREDIT CARD ONLY will allow a faster requisition entry, eliminate the need for a vendor profile, and ensure your credit card requisitions are handled promptly.
Contracts & Procurement Team members will review requisitions and determine if the request is allowable in accordance with the Procure to Pay Guidelines and CSU policy. Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com for assistance.