As shared in our recent campus announcement, we have a new and improved supplier request process! Gone are the days of collecting Vendor 204 forms, waiting for suppliers to provide accurate information to the Procure to Pay team to establish a supplier profile in order for your requisition/direct payments to be processed. Now, with a few easy steps, you’ll initiate invitations to new suppliers, and they can communicate directly with the Procure to Pay team, which means less wait time for you!
Working with IT, FinanceConnect has modified FTS to support our PaymentWorks implementation. The key to success is proper utilization of three new supplier IDs we’ve created to facilitate the new process: Supplier NEW (0000042333), Supplier TO BID (0000043479) and Supplier NO $ VALUE (0000043480).
Selecting the Right Supplier ID
Each of the supplier IDs we’ve created have specific use cases:
- Supplier NEW: Select this supplier ID when you’ve identified a supplier you intend to do business with or that you want to pay but the supplier ID does not exist in FTS.
- Supplier TO BID: Select this supplier ID when submitting a requisition for goods/services that meet or exceed CSU bid thresholds and require a competitive bid process. This can translate to informal or formal bidding, OR instances where you have requested the Procurement team to assist you in sourcing or identifying a supplier for a good or service.
- Supplier NO $ VALUE: Select this supplier when submitting a requisition for a contract or a document that requires the signature of the University, but it has no dollar value. Please note anything that requires a signature must be signed by the Procurement or Contracts staff. Examples include but are not limited to, Student Placement Agreements (SPA), freeware, Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), hack-a-thons, etc.
Beginning Tuesday, April 28, 2020, SUGGESTED VENDOR (supplier ID 0000008733) will no longer be available in FTS. Additionally, we’ve removed the supplier address field from both the Requisition and Direct Payment modules, removing the need to select an address when entering a transaction.
There’s a Tutorial!
We’ve created a guide outlining the new experience in FTS including how to appropriately use the new supplier IDs as well as an overview of the PaymentWorks invitation process to initiate supplier setup.
Want a Hands-On Experience?
We’ve scheduled Zoom-based walkthrough sessions to provide you with an opportunity to explore the new process and have questions answered. Please register for one of the following sessions to learn more.
We’re confident you’ll find this new process easy to use and beneficial in your day-to-day. Have questions? Please contact FinanceConnect!
On April 27, the Chancellor’s Office will roll out the Fluid Interface 2.0 for CFS, enhancing the experience introduced in 2018.
Fluid was designed to adapt easily to various devices, including mobile phones and tablets. In 2018, Phase I of the fluid interface was released, introducing us to new tools such as NavBar and “tiles” as a way to navigate to a module in CFS while maintaining familiar navigation such as the Classic menu and breadcrumbs.
- The CFS 9.2 landing page will now display navigation collection tiles for frequently used modules., including a CFS End User tile which brings you to commonly used pages such as ProCard adjustment, inquiry and various PO reports.
- Direct links tiles to Finance Data Warehouse and CFS Documentation.
- Four new customizable homepages to allow users to personalize their experience.
Is There Anything Going Away?
Yes. Fluid Phase II says goodbye to the classic home page, breadcrumbs and deep link navigation.
Do I Need to Do Anything?
Most, if not all, of the pages you visit in CFS will be included in the CFS End User tile. Any custom links on the existing CFS 9.2 homepage should be moved to one of the new custom homepages. Custom links not moved by April 24, 2020 will migrate to the new 9.2 homepage, but the display will not be consistent.
The FinanceConnect team has evaluated who currently has custom links and has scheduled sessions to walk you through the cleanup process. Calendar invitations will be sent out to those who may need to move custom links. It won’t take more than 10 minutes of your time.
We’ve put together a quick reference guide providing a comparison of the old and new look and feel along with instructions on personalizing CFS home pages. The Chancellor’s Office also has a short video with great information.
Please contact FinanceConnect if you have any questions.